Can coolsculpting procedure cause Ventral Hernias?

I had the coolsculpting procedure done 2 months ago and i am still in pane in upper abdomen and it bulged. It hurts even more after light work out. Please advise. Thank you for your answer.

Ventral Hernia after the Coolsculpting procedure.

Thank you for your question. I am assuming that your physician examined you thoroughly before performing the coolsculpting procedure. Coolsculpting is meant for treating the fat above the muscle what is known as subcutaneous fat. Coolsculpting is not known to cause any hernia but if excessive fat is present in the area of treatment which can certainly obscure the diagnosis of preexisting hernia. Speak with your physician provider regarding these symptoms and get evaluated. Best wishes.

Ventral Hernia: Coolsculpting--See An Expert

Coolsculpting does not cause hernias but may unmask a hernia that was not clinically apparent before the procedure.  Please see an expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer