Should i choose a different doctor if the assistants are trying to persuade me?

To get a different treatment then what i came in for. If I ask for Restylene and they push Juvederm for under the eyes puffiness.

Selecting a Physician for Fillers

Great question! I believe that the most important thing when it comes to any cosmetic procedure is trust between the patient and the doctor. This includes the entire team at the office including nurses, assistants, and other staff. Everyone should be on the same page with the patients goals and well-being in mind, so I understand why your experience might have felt uncomfortable. With that being said, physicians often have their reasons for recommending a specific product and Restylane and Juvederm can both be used in the under-eye area. I suggest (if you haven't already done so) asking your doctor why the assistants recommended Juvederm for you specifically. Ultimately you should feel comfortable with the doctors judgement and decisions, so if you are not satisfied with the reason, I suggest seeking the help of another physician. Good luck!

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

For fillers do not compromise your care for cost or distance, choose the best physician that you feel the most comfortable with.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Restylane vs Juvederm for tear troughs

Thank you for sharing your good question. Restylane is much less likely to cause swelling and blue discoloration of skin (Tyndall Effect) than Juvederm. Fortunately, they both can be dissolved if results are not appealing. See a specialist in this delicate area.  Good luck,

Restylane vs Juvederm for under the eye hollows?

I prefer the use of Juvederm since I'm experienced with it but many doctors feel that Restylane is preferable.  Your doctor's office may only keep Juvederm on hand and if you're comfortable and trust the doctor I'd say it's okay.  If you get an uneasy feeling especially because you feel they're being too aggressive, then find a different doctor.Regards,Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Selecting your doctor for filler injections

Safety is the most important thing when considering injectables.A consultation is necessary to learn your medical history, examine your facial structure, and even take photos for close analysis. With that information your doctor can offer treatment options that are appropriate and safe for your face. You should have the opportunity to ask questions regarding the products they are using and the techniques they will use. I recommend taking a look at the packaging too. Safety comes first.

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Choosing The Right Doctor For Injections

First of all, assistants should have no place in persuading you to do a certain treatment over another. It is the doctor's responsibility to recommend the appropriate treatment for you after a consultation. It is true that Juvederm is not the best choice for underneath the eyes as it tends to pull in more fluid when injected in that area and can cause increased swelling and puffiness. But, an experienced injector would be able to use any suitable product and make the adjustments necessary to get an optimal result. I mainly use Belotero and Restylane Silk under the eyes, but have used regular Restylane and Juvederm with success. Bottom line is if you don't feel comfortable with your provider then you should get a second opinion. Best wishes to you.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Best Products to Use

In general, most plastic surgeons who perform a lot of under-eye treatments use Restylane or Belotero in this area. Results are more predictable and the risk of excessive puffiness or swelling is less compared to Juvederm.Having said that, using Juvederm under the eye is not "wrong."  An injector may highly recommend a specific product because he/she is most comfortable injecting it.  Physicians inject the products that they have the most experience with, as well as the products they have available.  For example, some practices will carry just Allergan products (Juvederm, Juvederm Voluma, Botox, etc.), while others will inject products from several different companies (Merz, Galderma, Suneva, etc.).
Ensure that your injector of choice fulfills some criteria: 1) is a board certified facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist, 2) has experience injecting many different products and knows which products work best in specific areas, regardless of the brand, 3) is able to give you different options depending on what result you are looking for as well as your budget.Finally, make sure you are comfortable with your injector!  Good communication and education is key.  If you do not feel comfortable with your physician after the consultation, you are welcome to look for another who you will work best with.Best of luck!

Kyle T. Yamamoto, MD
Reno Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane vs Juvederm

It is not true that Restylane is safer than Juvederm They are about equal although Juvederm is a little  more concentrated. Most likely he is just more familiar with Juvederm. However, the point is that you are not happy with what is occurring in that office so it is a good idea to change doctors. Just be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Gut feeling

If you do not feel comfortable with the enviroment of an office, you should search for one where you can feel comfortable and confident that you are getting the best treatment. For eye puffiness, Restylane is better and safer than Juvederm so you are right to ask for Restylane. It is also important that you get your questions answered by the physician if you are not sure. Assistants may be trying to help, but the physician should be the one to deliver medical advice. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD

Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Under eye treatment

Many, not all, Dermatologists prefer Restylane or Belatero for under eye treatment.  Consider getting a 2nd opinion.

Gregory Pistone, MD
Cherry Hill Dermatologist