How can you guarantee that the fat will stay in the breasts and not be absorbed? How much will it cost?

Hi there I'm 22 years old 5'2" and 118 lbs. I have a significant amount of fat on my butt, thighs and stomach and I was wondering if this would be enough for a cup size increase? I am a 30B and I'd like to be a full 30C. I would just like my breasts to be more proportional to my butt, and I definitely do NOT want implants. How can you guarantee that the fat will stay in the breasts and not be absorbed? How much will it cost?

Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

Thank you for your question. About 60-70% of the grafted fat survives.  At 6 months you will have a good idea of your results. Some women have a second or third procedure which continues to increase your volume safely. Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Fat grafting is not a guaranteed procedure

but breasts are known for better retention of graft.  So you should know what your surgeon's revision policy is before signing up for this. It sound like you have enough fat elsewhere to increase your breasts a cup size.  You should know how your surgeon harvests and prepares the fat as there are proven better ways of doing that.  Grafting costs over $1500 if done in the office under local and it will require you to endure considerable discomfort.  Grafting only harvests enough fat that is needed to produce the desired results.  In my practice, if you had liposuction of an area and wanted fat grafting, you would cover the costs of the OR, anesthesia, the liposuction and the Puregraft bag that I use and I would graft the fat for no additional cost - but no warranty either.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast fat transfer guarantee

Hi Nana,

Thanks for you question. There is never a guarantee in surgery. Without photos is hard to say if it would be possible. I usually tell patients that i need one liter of fat or 2.2 pounds of fat to do breast fat transfer. Depending on the laxity that you have in your breast, it certainly is a likely possibility to add fat to get you a C cup. Remember that when the fat is transfered, it is not usually placed in the breast tissue but around the breast tissue which limits the amount of fat that is placed to about 250-350ccs of fat per side with about 30% fat reabsorption rate. Survival is based on technique and fat processing. I think that fat transfer with centrifuge helps the best as it gets rid of dead fat, oil, and fluid and just places viable fat cells. Cost varies on the locations where the fat needs to be harvested. It usually can run from 6-11k in Arizona. Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
#fattransfertobreast #docmata