Am I a candidate for liposuction? (photos)

Sorry I couldn't upload my picture last time. But yes here's me. Omg I hate my body plus my arms . I really want to get this fixed. I want to know how much this whole liposuction cost and how long is the procedure? Will I be able to get back to work right after that? I am an assistant in a salon so you what assistant does. Like cleaning and blow drying and stuff. Will I be able to do that right away? I'll appreciate every single pieces of advice and answer. Thank you

Liposuction of the trunk and arms?

You appear to be a very good candidate for liposuction of the trunk, waist and arms.  Your skin elasticity appears to be favorable and I believe you could expect a nice improvement with an easy recovery.  Planning for 3 to 5 days off work and some physical restrictions will be combined with wearing a compressive garment for period of 4 to 6 weeks.

Meet with one or two ABPS board-certified plastic surgeons in your area and review photographs of other patients with them.  Best wishes.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

From the photos it appears you are a good candidate for the liposuction procedure. There is little downtime ( a week at most and probably less)  and risk. Prices vary dramatically so you would need to see 2-3 consultants for that info. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Liposuction - is it the answer?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Your photos suggests you are a good liposuction candidate.
  • You could have the upper and lower tummy, flanks and arms done at one time.
  • It should be done in an accredited out-patient surgery center.
  • Fees vary - so on this website, look for the cost of 4 liposuction areas in and near Oakland.
  • You will be sore for 5 days at least, need to wear a garment for 4 - 6 weeks.
  • You could probably start work after 5 days - but you won't feel your best for another few weeks.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction requires a recovery period and downtime that you should be prepared for.

Based on your photos, it does appear that you are a good candidate for body contouring with liposuction to slim your stomach, flanks and most likely arms as well. As far as your question about being able to return to your work duties “right away,” the answer is no. People heal differently after lipo, but you should plan on being home from work and resting for at least a week following surgery. Returning to work too quickly and pushing yourself too far as you’re healing can create serious complications and affect your results. As far as pricing, this can vary greatly depending on the surgeon you choose but do not sacrifice board certification for the sake of savings. Best of luck to you. 

Liposuction is soooooo helpful.

Liposuction under tum. local with the smaller cannulas can really improve one's appearance and help with their self-esteem. It all depends on what bothers you. You can actually do 3 procedures all during the same week and be back to work 2 days after the last procedure and back to the gym in 1 week. Usually the full abdomen and flanks(hips) are done in 1 procedure while the midback, armpits and arms are done in another and the 3rd would be the thighs and knees. Each run roughly 6500-10,000 for quality work and is easy to undergo. Sincerely, Dr Hansen

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Am I a candidate for liposuction?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Am I a candidate for liposuction?

If you are in good health, and from your photos, I believe you would be a good candidate for a liposuction procedure.  Costs of the surgery can vary depending on the number of areas you desire to treat and the length of your particular surgery; however, costs can run in the $5,000 to $7,500 range.  The surgery may take 1 to 2 hours to perform, again, depending on the number of areas treated.  In most cases, a patient can return to light duty work in 4 to 5 days and more strenuous activities in 3 to 4 weeks.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive liposuction experience.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction candidates

It appears as though you're a good candidate for liposuction.  For the costs and details I would need to see you in person.  Good luck!

Candidate for Liposuction?

Based on the photos above I believe a consultation is prudent. In my area (ohio) we charge $2300 per area and then a supply fee. So that gives you an idea of cost but this could be different in CA. Seek a BC plastic surgeon for your consultation. If you decide to just do love handles and tummy you may want to seek a cool sculpt consultation for non invasive options. Good Luck! Amount of recovery time depends on the total amount of areas you end up doing. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Tumescent liposuction speeds recovery after liposuction #plasticsurgery

You appear to be an ideal candidate for tumescent liposuction of the upper and lower abdomen, waist and hips and arms - we do this procedure while patients are awake, thus avoiding the profound side effects of a general anesthetic. Most of our patient in your line of work are back to work in 2-3 days.