Small bump still after rhinoplasty? (Photos)

I had a rhinoplasty closed procedure 12 days ago and one of the things i wanted was my bump removed and my doctor promised it would be straight. Im SO happy with my results but i noticed after the cast was removed my nose still had a very slight bump. He noticed it too and told me to massage it at home to help with swelling. It feels hard like bone though and not swelling. I know its only the 12th day and it takes up to a year to heal but im just hoping it goes away!

Residual bump

ask your surgeon if it would be OK to tape the bridge of your nose nightly with surgical tape (Blenderm or Micropore works best I find).

12 days post closed rhinoplasty

Hello,Yes.  The best advice I can give you is to be patient.  Don't get discouraged, because your nose will change and improve.  Best of luck!

Elbert T. Cheng, MD
San Jose Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Recovery

At 2 weeks, you are still early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Time

Give it some time and things will likely get better.  At this time there can be some considerable swelling and induration.  Best wishes. 

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon