Could/should I go bigger breast aug? (Photos)

I had breast aug about a yr. ago with 286 cc. Since then I have contemplated if I went too small and if I should get them redone. My surgeon chose the size in proportion to my body. With my body frame would it be possible to go bigger and still look on the natural side ? How many cc would you suggest and would it be worth the revision to accomplish having them bigger without over doing it . measurements are 32, 24, 36 so I feel my side profile breast isn't proportional with my hips and bottem .

Larger implants

It is not uncommon to want larger implants as you become used to your results. The trade-off is losing your natural look. To notice a difference you would have to at least go 100cc larger and possibly more if you want to have a sizeable increase. I would recommend discussing the pros and cons with your surgeon before making a final decision. You have a good result and weighing the risks and benefits is important.

Revision Breast Augmentation: Going larger

You certainly have an excellent outcome with a very natural appearance. However, "going larger" is one of the most common requests following breast augmentation surgery, especially after the initial swelling resolves. Going larger typically means choosing an implant that is sufficiently larger to produce a noticeable appearance. In my experience this averages about 50% larger or in your case about 143 cc. There are more risks with larger implants including soft tissue atrophy, double bubble, nerve damage and more. However, the pain and recovery associated with this is remarkably less than the initial procedure. Best of luck

Bigger implants?

Could: yes, but you will need to go up a minimum of 100cc to be visible, and this will add about a half cup bra size, though this is very subjective between manufacturers. And even 100cc is just under 7 tablespoons--barely a visible change. Larger will likely require a higher profile, and a resultant less natural "look."

Should: well, that's up to you and your surgeon to decide. You would be opening Pandora's box of potential complications, though the risks are relatively low. Still you look beautiful and natural now, and you would certainly kick yourself if you developed capsular contracture, symmastia, bottoming out, residual asymmetry, or worse things like infection requiring implant removal, etc. Just saying.

This requires detailed discussion between you and your chosen surgeon. Sometimes the enemy of good enough is "better." Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Implant revision

I think that an exam in person is essential to determine what might be appropriate for you.   Best of luck!

BA revision

Congratulations on a very nice result.  You could go bigger now that the skin has stretched a bit.  Something in the 350 range should still look natural and give you added fullness.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Could/should I go bigger.

You certainly can go bigger and fuller if you wish. To have a visible difference you will need to look into an implant 150cc larger than the one you are wearing, or about 450cc, and given a narrow chest, a higher profile gel might be best.

Breast implant exchange

Hello and thank you for the question and the photos. It has been a year since your surgery. I would agree with the other doctors on this panel that you have an excellent long term outcome. There is no sign of complication and you do look very proportionate. Although you can certainly change your size, be aware that any surgery can have risks. Even though you didn't have any issues the first time around, the risks of future surgery are still a factor. 

Whenever the Pro / Con equation does not balance heavily on the pro side, I would advise against surgery. Perhaps after having children, you might find a stronger case to do some post-mommy procedure, but for now, I would keep what you have, and enjoy life!

Best to you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Could/should I go bigger breast aug?

Your results look very natural. The larger you go, the less natural they will look. May be better to leave as is. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Going bigger with revision breast augmentation

The problem with the term "natural-looking body proportions or results" is that it may have different interpretations among patients; hence all tools that are known to improve patient-doctor communications must be utilized. 

These communication tools include before-and-after photos of patients (it is very helpful if you find pictures of women whose body frame is almost similar to yours), 3D imaging technology, breast implant sizers, rice test, among others.  The goal is to help you make an educated decision. 

Simply put, the decision to go bigger is a highly personal one.  Nevertheless, it remains in your best interest to use implants that are within your anatomes--i.e., soft tissue coverage, breast and chest dimension, and body-frame.

I hope that helps and good luck. 

#BreastImplantRevision - Could/should I go bigger breast aug?

You have a very nice result - you are proportionate, well-healed, balanced, natural-looking.  Needless to say, many women would be very, very happy to have your result.  That being said, you probably could go larger now if you wanted to.  Whether or not that is worth it is something you'll need to address with your own plastic surgeon during an in-person consultation.  Since there are risks with all procedures, including something that might seem as "simple" as "just" going larger, I would normally discourage you from doing this unless you are very unhappy with your current appearance.  All of which is part of the in-person consultation you need to help you make this decision.  I hope that this helps and good luck.  Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500.