How to get rid of a scar on lip from stitch? (photo)

I ripped my lip open as a child and ever since I've always had a small dot in the middle of my bottom lip. It's almost like a little blood mark I don't know if I can get it removed by laser or a home remedy. I would really want to find a way for it to go away .

Dark scar on lip

Dear Polly,

Dot notwithstanding, your lip seems to have healed quite well. Excision of the dark macule along the natural folds in your lip may be all you need to eliminate the scar for good. Of course, the tissue should be carefully evaluated by a certified pathologist to make sure this is a benign lesion. You should be really happy with the result, and the treatment should be quick and can be done safely in the office. Lasers and home remedies may be a long run for a short slide.

Newport Beach Physician

Dark Scar solutions--tattoo lasers, medical tattooing, microneedling/prp

This can be improved with tattoo lasers, microneedling/prp and/or medical tattooing. See an expert in scarring for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Scar from stitch

Hey there,

It is difficult to tell from the picture whether or not that lip scar is actually a vascular lesion, scarring, or what we sometimes call traumatic tattooing. This can happen if debris is trapped under the skin when the injury occurred.  My suggestion is to have the lesion excised and re-closed.  The vertical lines in the lips camouflage scars very nicely in this area and I think this will provide you with an excellent result!