My nose: very hard to breathe and the shape is not normal. Plus I have an eyebrow ridge which is masculine (Photo)

Is there a way I can see a pic of myself if my nose was made more average. It dips at the top instead of coming straight out (but angled) at the top. It comes back up, and into a wide bony hump. Very wide when I smile. My nostril creases are very deep. My chin crease is getting more pronounced with age. I'm 49, I'd love to see what I could realistically look like with 1. Nose fixed 2. Nose/chin & 3. nose, Chin, brow bone shaved. Can you generate images?

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  There are many procedures which can be done to improve your breathing, depending on what the cause is.  Fillers can be used to soften your chin crease. Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

Hello and thanks for your question.

Generally speaking, most of the improvement you are requesting are reasonable and possible with a rhinoplasty procedures.

I would highly recommend visiting some good plastic surgeons who specialize in this procedure. In our office we provide patients with a personalized and complementary consultation to address those similar issues.

Dr Sajjadian 

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

rhinoplasty candidate

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, narrowing the bridge, refining the tip, and preventing the tip of the nose drooping when smiling. Digital computer imaging can also be performed either online, through our app, or in the office setting. A full set of facial photographs are required to make a determination about the nose and chin. When patients have a week and recessive chin profile, a chin implant can be placed to give added projection which also facial balance and proportions. For many before and after examples of this combination, please see the video and the link below

Rhinoplasty and chin crease

Hello! Based on your photos, a rhinoplasty could address all of your concerns about your nose. Additionally, injection of a hyaluronic acid filler might be a nice option to address the chin crease. I would recommend seeking out an evaluation with a board-certified facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon for a full evaluation and computer simulation to go over some of the possibilities. Good luck!

Sachin S. Pawar, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wow. You seem to be a great candidate for a rhinoplasty.

See the "Web reference" link, just below my response. I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands.     I elevated the tip of your nose quite a bit, and moved it back closer to your face, and of course lowered the bump on the bridge. You mentioned that the dip at the top is too deep. Well, perhaps, but not by very much. When the bump comes down, the dip will seem much more shallow. If anything, the dip might be augmented by only a teeny tiny amount. Augmenting that dip can make the nose look longer, something we don't want. You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon. Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. Then, he must show you before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

I think you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.A detail examination and evaluation including computerized simulations would be useful in your situation.

Is a Rhinoplasty right for me?

Without the benefit of an examination but after reviewing your photographs, my findings are: 1. Dorsal Bridge Hump 2. Wide nasal base 3. Decreased angle for tip to lip (giving a masculine appearance.  4. Large tipI would recommend the following:  1. Find a well qualified Plastic Surgeon in your area 2. Hump removal with mobilization of nasal bones 3. Contouring of tip 4. Elevation of tip 5. Reduce the width of the base of the nose. Hope this helps.. a link to a similar case is left below. Good Luck  

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon