I need to know what options I have with my nose and what's wrong with it. (Photo)

I have always had a problem with my nose. My family says it's a fat nose. And I really wanna get a nose job. I think it's the tip of my nose, is it too high? To long? How much money would it cost to make it smaller? Thanks

I need to know what options I have with my nose and what's wrong with it.

Rhinoplasty with tip refinement would be reasonable based upon the photos and your desires.

Beverly Hills, CA

Thank you fjjor the photos and the question and you would benefit from a rhinoplasty and possibly a chin augmentation.  So see some experts in your area and be evaluated in person.Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Dear Reader,Thank you for your question.  Here at Shumway Cosmetic Surgery Center, we offer complimentary consultations.  After meeting and having an exam with Dr Shumway, he will go over all your options for a more feminine and pleasing nose and profile.  From your photos it appears you may benefit from Septoplasty which would be a refinement to the tip of your nose, possibly an alar wedge to reduce your nostrils and create more symmetry, an in office examination would be in order first before making an assessment.  Best of Luck!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

The photos you submitted are not the standard views or angles required to assess a nose. It is very hard to take a selfie photo at the correct angle to allow assessment of the nose. If you want a more specific answer you will need to resubmit photos preferably taken by someone else standing in front of you with straight frontal and side views not oblique downward and upward angled views. Your tip cartilages look asymmetric and shifted to the left but that could be an artifact of the way the photo was taken. The cost depends on what is done and where you do it. The what is not discernible from these photos.

Aaron Stone, MD

Hi, I have performed and taught Rhinoplasty for over 30 years.  From the photos, the nasal tip is wide and the chin is quite weak.  Rhinoplasty can thin and refine the nasal tip.  When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face appear shorter which de-emphasizes the shape and fullness of the lips.  Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found placing a silastic chin implant through a small, curved, incisions under the chin to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty that requires bone cuts with placement of screws and metal plates.  I frequenly perform Rhinoplasty with chin augmentation to create further facial balance.

Hope this helps.

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear nrybak09, You are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery to refine your bulbous tip. I am not certain from your photographs and I would need a better profile view however it appears that you may also be a candidate for a small chin augmentation. Seek some consultations with experts in the field of rhinoplasty surgery. During consultation you can review many before and after photographs of noses similar to yours, you can have digital imaging performed to see how these proposed changes look, and the consulting surgeon will go into detail regarding the surgical techniques used to attain the desired result. Most consultations are complimentary and at the end of your consultation the surgeon will quote you a fee. Rhinoplasty surgery is a very rewarding surgery for young ladies like yourself and surgeons alike. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty for a more feminine and attractive nose.

A rhinoplasty to decrease your nasal projection, refine your nasal tip, elevate your hanging columella, etc. as well as straightening your nose can be done by very experienced  rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural looking noses.  The cost of the surgery will depend on how much time would be involved and an examination is necessary to determine this.

What's wrong with my nose

You have a bulbous tip nose which is detracting from your feminine appearance. All you need is a tip rhinoplasty. Please see example below and make a consultation to get details of your surgery.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Cost of the rhinoplasty

It is very difficult to tell what is needed with  the limited photographs presented. A rhinoplasty procedure can address narrowing and refining the nasal tip, bridge and profile. The cost of a rhinoplasty is directly related to the amount of time it takes to perform the procedure in the operating room, the amount of time monitored under anesthesia by an anesthesiologist, and the surgeon's professional fee for performing the rhinoplasty procedure and all the postoperative followups. For many examples, diagrams and our current price list, please see the video and the link below

Problem with My Nose

The limited pictures show that you have a deviated septum and a large asymmetrical tip. I cannot see the rest of your nose. Cost will depend on exactly what will be done to your nose; we need to see a complete set of rhinoplasty pictures as described on my website.