I have saline breast implants and want to go bigger and sit up more. Any suggestions? (photos)

i want larger breast implants but thinking of switching out my saline because of the ripples. question 1 if i go larger can i keep saline or should i get silicone? i want to be able to wear size dd bra. i want to be able to go braless in a dress or tank and i want my breast to look full and sit up in that dress or tank top without a bra all the time. question 2 how man cc will i need to go up to wear a dd bra i want to look like the picture shown below.

I have saline breast implants and want to go bigger and sit up more.

Thank you for the question and pictures. You will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice in regards to selection of specific breast implant size/profile. Having said that, it is generally necessary to utilize high or ultra high-profile silicone gel breast implants or overfilled saline breast implants to achieve the types of outcomes you demonstrate with the goal photographs.  Adjustment of the breast implant capsules will also be necessary.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup” or "sit up more" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to "fuller" breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

I have saline breast implants and want to go bigger.

For a better projecting implant and less ripple, we would suggest a newer higher profile gel such as the Inspira implant from Allergan. In order to see a difference you will need about 200cc more volume.

Overfilled high profile saline

I would recommend larger high profile saline implants overfilled. These implants will give you the highest upper pole fullness. Silicone implants are softer and don't give as much upper fullness 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Saline to Silicone swap

From 1992 to 2006, the only available breast implants for cosmetic breast enhancement were saline.  Silicone implants returned to the marketplace after a 14 year hiatus in 2006.  The new silicone implants have a thicker outer shell and the silicone gel contained on the inside of the implant is "thicker" and not liquid.  The new implants wrinkle and ripple much less than the saline implants and most women with the older saline implants are now swapping them out for the newer silicone.  They have a more natural feel and look.

When you have the remove and replace procedure you can also change the size and style of the implant if you so desire.  Please see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in implant exchange procedures to assure yourself of the best possible result.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Big implants sitting up more?

Thanks for your question and the photos. You have a bit of a paradox here. A bigger implant may have more fullness up top, but it will also want to go south more quickly. DD's tend to always need a bra. Silicone ripples less but it has less fullness up top. Silicone takes on more of a teardrop shape. A lift, skin tightening and smaller implant may be more likely to achieve your braless goal. 

Hope this helps.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon