What can I do for my lop-sided double chin? (Photos)

I am 22 years old, I've gotten two treatments of kybella and have kind of seen a little difference but nothing that I really want. I have a double chin/neck and I would like to know what I could do to have a more contoured neck ! Please help !

What can I do for my lop-sided double chin?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak and there is excess fat under the chin.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.  I would combine liposuction to remove the excess skin under the chin.

Hope this helps.

Liposuction or muscle or bone

Hi Jdevine94,Kybella can help if it's fat - but it could be muscle, bone, or other things.We do jaw and chin shaping all of the time and can also do liposuction right in the office for problems like this.  You never know, it could be that the muscles are pulling the wrong way.I suggest seeing a facial plastic surgeon for help!

Jeffrey H. Spiegel, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

UAL cervical facial

Please seek an in person consultation, you may be a candidate for simple liposuction of the area. Liposuction of the cervical facial area is usually done in one hour under local IV sedation. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #cervicalfacial

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

It's Time To Choose a Proven Procedure In Order to Get the Result You Desire

It is interesting that because there is some much effort and energy going into noninvasive treatments that we forget about the standard treatments that have worked for years.You had 2 treatments of Kybella with no results. What this is telling us is that this is a relatively difficult area to treat.  For this reason I don't think more non-invasive treatments makes much sense.  You almost certainly need some liposuction to remove the fat.  At 22, you are young enough that the skin will contract up nicely once the fat is removed and should give you a very nice result. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD
Greenwood Village Facial Plastic Surgeon

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

This needs VASER/ThermiRF to get the most contouring and reduction in fat. Non invasive is an alternative but will do very little and take many treatments. Best, Dr. Emer

Double chin

Although many surgeons like Kybela my current preference is to do liposuction for a double chin like yours.  It is quick (less than an hour), just one treatment, providing a quick recovery (just a few days), doesn't require sedation or general anesthesia, and is relatively economical (less than $5000.)  So from my perspective lips is the way to go.

Neck contour

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from liposuction of the chin  Since you are young, you likely have good elasticity of the skin of the chin and neck area and should have a nice result with liposuction. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Liposuction in the neck

Liposuction in the neck can accomplish fat removal on one side more than the other to balance out the neck structure. For many examples  and more information, please see  the link and the video below

Neck Options

Your surgeon should first evaluate you to make sure that the troublesome fat  is above the platysma muscle , and not below it.  Fat below the muscle is not  reachable with liposuction  or kybella. Also your thyroid gland and  salivary glands should be examined to make sure these are not a large component of the fullness of your neck. Assuming these are not the issue, I feel that  spot liposuction under the chin and below the  jawline is  the ideal choice, The jaw line  is not safe to treat with  kybella, but it is  easily and safely treated with tumescent liposuction. I  perform this in the office with just local aesthetic through a small poke hole  incision under  the chin and behind each ear lobe.

You may also benefit form a slight amount of filler injection to you chin to  improve the  apparent length of the  jawline. Botox to relax the  platysma muscles is probably not needed in someone your age.

A board certified plastic surgeon /facial plastic surgeon is certainly the best trained person to evaluate your anatomy and perform a comprehensive treatment for you.

Best regards, Prashant Soni,M.D.

Prashant Soni, MD
Danbury Plastic Surgeon