Do we need the pec muscle restored after having 330cc gel implants underneath?

Do pectoral muscles, after330cc each sub muscular round gel implants, always need stitching back in place after Explant, with no further implants wanted... What are the indicators it would need doing?... I flex when squeeze my muscles, is that an indicator I'd be fine or need it done?.. Would you please explain?... Thanks :)

Pec Muscle After Explant

Following explant surgery the pec muscle does not need repair.  The pockets under the muscle will eventually disappear, and the muscle should function normally.

Explant

I would not expect that you would require any muscle repair after explant however the implant capsule if often removed during explant. Talk with your Plastic Surgeon about concerns you have and what the surgical plan is.

All the best

Pec muscle restored after breast implant removal?

Thank you for the question.  Generally, suturing of the pectorals major muscle is not necessary after removal of breast implants.

Also generally speaking, what your breasts will look like after explantation depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back), the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation).

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Patience is definitely indicated after removal of breast implants; it will take many months for the skin to “bounce back” and for you to see the final appearance of the breasts.

When the time is right, seek consultation with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with revisionary breast surgery. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Treatment of pec after implants removed

Hello, the pectoral muscles usually aren't stitched down after implants are removed.  Usually the pockets under the muscles will eventually disappear, and the muscle should function normally.

No

For explantation of breast implants, the muscle does not need to be repaired.  There is enough scar tissue that the muscle will function normally.
Best Wishes,
Nana Mizuguchi

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS