I had my gallbladder removed 4 yrs ago laparoscopically and have 3 tiny scars. Can I have coolsculpting?

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
As long as you don't have a hernia, you can do it

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Gallbladder Surgery and Coolsculpting

Coolscupting is a great way to reduce a bulge in a given area by 25%.  There is no contraindication that I know of you for you to get coolsculpting after this type of procedure as long as enough time has elapsed since the surgery.  An in person consultation with a board certified dermatologist with expertise in coolsculpting is needed to see if you are a good candidate for the procedure.

Coolsculpting after surgery

We were the first Plastic Surgery practice in the Greater Houston area to bring on Coolsculpting. Since then we have really pushed the limit of what Coolsculpting can do versus liposuction/tummy tuck or other surgical body contouring procedures. There are definitely trade-offs between the different treatment modalities. I would recommend that you visit with a practice that does a fair amount of Coolsculpting in addition to other body contouring procedures to help evaluate the best options for you.
If you had other procedures in the past such as laparoscopic surgery, then a physical exam would be needed to determine if Coolsculpting could help you contour your body and reach your goals.

I had my gallbladder removed 4 years ago can I have CoolSculpting?

Thank you for your question. With the information you have provided, there should be no contraindications for CoolSculpting treatments. Please schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be assessed in person. 

Sincerely yours, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Be sure to disclose at consult.

Assuming that you are not having any lasting issues from the surgery and that you dont have any hernias you should be an ideal candidate for the procedure. That being said my recommendation would be that you go for an assessment in the office of a board certified plastic surgeon and be sure to disclose any relevant medical history such as this on their intake form.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Coolsculpting after surgery

Smart of you to ask...
Four years in an adequate amount of time for wound healing and as long as you do not have a hernia, you should be OK.  A board certified plastic surgeon can examine you for hernias and let you know.
Hope you can take advantage of this awesome technology!

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Coolsculpting

coolsculpting selectively freezes fat cells to induce programmed cell death. Having had previous surgery does not preclude you from having coolsculpting. Nonetheless, your physician should know your history and examine your scars for any possible hernias at the incision lines.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting After Gallbladder Removal

Yes, you can have CoolSculpting after laparoscopic gallbladder removal. As long as there is no hernia in the area that you are treating then everything should be ok. Make sure you mention this to whoever is doing your treatment.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon