Will my breasts even out? Is revision needed? Is this common for a breast that had more work done to be tighter/smaller? (Photo)

Hi I'm concerned about my unevenness.I have attached befores and afters. I had a BA and BL. surgeon said he had to Take more tissue from the lower breast (left) to try to even it out. I'm now 11 days post op and im worried because my right breast is now larger and lower then my left and has been since surgery. Surgeon said that because he did more work to my left that this is why it's sitting higher and hasn't come down as much as the right breast. The right seems wider and lower to me. Help?

Breast augmentation waiting

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, it is way too early to make any decisions about how your breast will look. It takes weeks to months to see what is happening. Also the PS technique will also influence how quickly they settle, as well as the size of implants, your natural tissue quality and characteristics. As they settle, your breast mounds will dramatically change. Then after they have settled you may always go larger if you like.

I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation or secondary breast surgery. This waiting time allows patients to physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant revision

I appreciate your question.
I wait at least 6 months before considering revision.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Will my breasts even out? Is revision needed? Is this common for a breast that had more work done to be tighter/smaller?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation/lifting operation; this operation tends to be one of the most challenging breast operations we perform.  Based on the photographs, I think you have a very nice early outcome . I would suggest ongoing patience;  best to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed 3 to 6 months from now. Although I cannot promise that you will have a perfect outcome, I can assure you that your breasts will change over the course of the next several months.  Continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon who will always be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment, advice, and/or meaningful reassurance. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast revision

Hang in there. At 11 days there are so many variables with swelling, muscle tension, more work on one side that small asymmetries are common. Let 6-8 weeks pass before you even look at these small differences. Good luck

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS