Too young for surgery?

Hi I'm a 23 y/o and I'm tired of people telling me I'm too young for sx . I know even though I love my shape that with a huge weight loss I will not be happy with my results . I want a breast lift (I'm a full 36C) , all over Lipo ( arms , tummy , inner thigh ) I'm even open to a TT , if necessary ofcourse . I love my ass so I won't be doing anything in that area lol . Give me some feed back ladies is 23 too young to want your dream body before your going crazy with kids a career etc?

Dr derby

You can do a procedure at any moment in your life after 18 given that you are in good health and at an acceptable weight. It might be recommendable to add a few photos to your questions so that we can advise on the typer of procedures. Best of luck

Too young for surgery?

Your age does not preclude you from having surgery as you are legally old enough to consent for it.  Whether or not you are a good candidate for the procedures you are considering is something that needs to be discussed between you and your surgeon.  The first place to begin is looking for a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  Set up an appointment for a consultation, and together the two of you can explore options and decide how to proceed to achieve your goals.  Best wishes!

Camille Cash, MD

Too young for surgery?

Thank you for asking about your body make-over.
  • The legal age of consent for cosmetic surgery is 18.So 23 is not too young.
  • If you have not had children, you are unlikely to need a tummy tuck.
  • A breast lift is only needed if the breasts have drooped or not developed in a pretty way.
  • Liposuction can be done to remove excess fat - but is not a weight loss procedure.
  • If you are very overweight, you need to work on getting healthy with weight loss, either by diet and exercise or by gastric bypass (If you are 100 pounds or more overweight.)- 
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Am I too young for surgery?

Age alone is not a contraindication for the above operations. That being said, some patients are better candidates for operations than others and age is just one of many factors that go into the recommendations of a Board Certified plastic surgeon. If you are interested in on-line evaluation/thoughts photos would assist. Best.

Find the right surgeon

Pictures and photos of what you want to look like would be helpful, along with your weight.Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

Too young for surgery?

Thank you for the question. As you can imagine, it is difficult to give you meaningful advice without much more information. Assume you are a good candidate for the procedures you are considering, your age alone should not be a contraindication. You may wish to post photographs with your next question for more specifics. Best wishes.

Too Young for Mommy Makeover?

Pregnancy along with aging result in weight fluctuations that can have a substantial impact on a woman’s body. It may cause loss of volume in areas such as breasts and buttocks and even affect the fat distribution in the face. It's always best to be at your ideal stable weight when planning surgery, so it would be a good idea to complete your weight loss before your procedures. It never hurts to contact a local surgeon for consultation as to which procedures would be best for your desired results. So, there is no reason to worry about being too young.

Is 23 Too Young for Surgery?

You only need to be 18 to have surgery, to find out if you are a good candidate you should seek the opinion of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. You can find a listing of surgeons on the website for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons with listings in your state. A tummy tuck is not advised until after you have children, however, if you have loose skin on your abdomen, skin tightening can be done. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD