What treatment would you recommend for veins and bruising under the eyes?

What can I do for thin skin under my eyes with veins and discoloration that looks like bruising going all the way up to the corner of my eye and nose.? I have very thin skin. I have had IPL for broken blood vessels and brown spots on my face but they can't do the eye area.

Doctor Answers 3

Eyelid veins and bruising

Our office specializes in eyelid veins and eyelid discoloration. A combination of Melarase creams for the lower eyelids plus microphlebectomy can help eliminate these problems from the lower eyelid. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

Hyperpigmentation under the eyes

Telangiectasias under the eyes can occur from congestion in the sinuses. There are many options of treatment and an inexpensive way to start is to use topical creams to remove the brown discoloration with venoQuin and VenoLucent creams and after 6 months get treatments with IPL or laser, and infrequently microphlebectomy if they are sizeable veins. 

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo Phlebologist
4.8 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

Many options.

There are many options for treating veins around the eyes and inferior to the eyes.  These include IPL as you had, laser, sclerotherapy, VeinWave, VeinGogh and microneedle radiofrequency.  You should see a vein specialist for an evaluation so that they can decide what treatment  is most beneficial for you.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.