Is There Different Techniques for Bbl or is Just the Way Doctor Inject the Fat That Makes the Results Different? (photo)

are there different techniques for Bbl or is just the way doctor inject the fat that makes the results different from one doctor to the other 5'0 120 pounds Do I have enough fat for bbl How many Cc should I get on my butt considering my height. Any other procedure suggested. Or area to do Lipo

Glass figure with a BBL

Dear Glass,

Although there are minor differences in technique for the Brazilian Butt Lift, the procedure relies on basic surgical principles and is not rocket science.  Each surgeon may have their own little technical quirks, but none has been proven "the best."  The one variable that NONE of us can control is the individual patient's healing processes and capabilities.  And that, perhaps above ALL else, is what will ultimately determine your results.  From your photos I would expect you to have a great result.  I would not expect anywhere near 5L of liposuction or 1200-1500cc of fat per cheek though.  Your "wish picture" may be a little lofty, unless you exercise and work out as intensely as it appears the woman in the picture does.  Good luck!

This procedure is very technique and surgeon dependent. the fat needs to be collected with gentle techniques.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Brazilian Butt Lift Technique differs from one surgeon to another

Each surgeon performs the surgery a little differently, and each surgeon has a slightly different eye for beauty.  And each surgeon's pre- and post-surgical protocols are somewhat different so your comfort, safety, and experience varies from one clinic to another.

As to the Brazilian Butt Lift technique itself, there are different ways fat is collected, different ways fat is processed and purified, and finally, the way fat is injected can vary.

So in conclusion, when comparing BBL surgeons, don't compare prices.  Compare results, reputation, and experience.  While almost everybody these days is offering BBL, predominant majority of Plastic Surgeons (according to recent data) perform very few of these procedures in their practice.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Are There Different Techniques for Bbl or is Just the Way Doctor Inject the Fat That Makes the Results Different?

You have plenty of fat for the Brazilian buttlift.  I could liposuction 5 liters and transfer 1200 cc to 1500 cc to each buttock.  The difference in shape is surgeon dependent and results from the amount of fat liposuctioned and the amount transferred.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Different Techniques for BBL

While doing the BBL, the fat can be injected intramuscular and /or subcutaneous . Also there is a visual effect obtained by making your waist smaller and enhancing your lateral view curves . 

The results will vary according to body type.It is very important that your expectations are realistic and not based on someone else's body . 

I believe you have enough fat in your body and you are a good candidate for a BBL .

Best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD

BBL tchniques

Thank you for your question.There are three ways to enhance the buttock region: -Buttock implants.-Fat grafting.-Flaps. The “Brazilian Butt Lift” is merely fat grafting. The flaps may be used during a buttock lift procedure. The difference between these procedures will be the extent of scaring. If you have poor skin quality and a droopy buttock, then a buttock lift may be needed. Some patients may desire more fullness over the buttock area and in this particular case, we could transfer the removed fat to the buttock. During fat transfers, the fat is placed deeply in the muscle in several different layers to create a smooth augmentation without irregularities. Sometimes, the doctor performs liposuction in order to further enhance the shape of the buttocks. The use of fat grafting has revolutionized Buttock enhancement. It is simpler to perform, with a usual operative time of 1.5 hours. It has minimal pain and discomfort postoperatively, and requires minimal recuperation. The fat is injected through two very small incisions and is carefully layered through tunnels throughout the buttocks. In 30 to 35% of the patients a repeat fat grafting is necessary because of significant absorption of fat. However, it is unlikely that further fat grafting beyond the second treatment will be necessary. An important consideration for buttock fat grafting is the availability of extra fat in different parts of the body. While fat is usually in abundance, there are patients in whom there is no extra fat available. After performing the same procedure on the other buttock, the doctor makes sure the buttocks are symmetrical and natural looking. Best of luck! 
Dhaval M. Patel 
Double board certified
Plastic surgeon
Hoffman Estates 

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Different Techniques for BBL

There are certainly different techniques for Brazilian Butt Lifts. This is a very complex procedure and requires multiple steps. There are variations on how to harvest the fat, process the fat, inject the fat, and then take care of the fat in the recovery period. Those of us who specialize in this procedure have developed specific protocols for how to do it and how to get the best results possible.  I perform an average of 8 BBLs per week and am constantly refining my techniques. With regards to you, you will need an in person consultation to determine if it is the right procedure for you.