Tear troughs fat transfer?

I had bellafill 2 months ago (tear troughs) I hate how I look I have a little bump and puffiness I got a injection of kenalog to help help me but didn't do much I'm planning to have surgery to remove it and I'm thinking in fat transfer.. I do think know if is a good idea to do it at the same time while bellafill is removed.

Fat Transfer to Tear Trough Area

I am not sure why you got a bumpy appearance after Bellafill, if the filler was placed under the orbicularis muscle.  Before you consider fat transfer, I would get the matter of possible need for removal of Bellafill settled first. Once Bellafill is removed, I would wait at least 2 to 4 weeks before fat transfer to make sure any possible swelling from Bellafill removal has resolved.

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Fat transfer

Thank you for your question, and I'm sorry to hear you are having troubles with the filler product. No, I would not do the fat transfer to the same region at the same time as removal of the filler. It would be very hard to know how much fat to inject at that time. This could be done down the road a bit (6-12 weeks). Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon