Do I still have more swelling left or is this fat tissue? 2 months post op (Photo)

its now been two months since my gynecomastia surgery of gland removal + lipo. the result doesn't really look good, im wondering is this a bad surgery or will it go down after another month ? why does my gland part look so big?

Disappointed with results of Gynecomastia Treatment

Thank you for your pictures.  I would disagree with you a bit.  I think your result looks pretty good.  You may still may have some swelling.  Re-evaluate your result in 1 month.  If you are unhappy with your results then discuss the expectations with your plastic surgeon.

Healing & Assymetry After Gynecomastia Surgery

Asymmetry during the healing process is not at all uncommon after any breast surgery. Also, your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Healing After Gynecomastia Surgery

Hi slowbucks25,

Thanks for the post and the photos. At 2 months you are still healing and there could still be some residual swelling. I advise my patients that you are closer to your final results by 6 months. That being said, based on your photos I feel you have a good result at 2 months. This should only get better over the next 4 months.

Sincerely,
Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Do I still have more swelling left or is this fat tissue? 2 months post op

At two months post op, you probably will note further reduction in the size of your breasts as the swelling further subsides.  It can take up to 6 months for everything to settle and I would not suggest any revision until that time.  But, from your photos, it looks like you have had a significant improvement already.  Give things time to heal and work with your surgeon.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Your results look good to me. Breasts will continue to change several weeks to months. Please give time foe about 4 more months and if any concerns discuss that with your surgeon.