Getting rid of puffy nipples?

Hello, I am a male, and have had puffy nipples for a few years now. I believe it got worse with puberty, but I'm not entirely sure if it's gynecomastia or what. There are no hard lumps or firmness, the nipples themselves are just soft and puffy. What can I do about this? Thank you for your time. If it helps, I'm 21, 6'1, 210lbs.

Getting rid of puffy nipples?

An in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon would be very helpful.  In general, puffy nipples are related to Gynecomastia.  The history is very important, as if this appeared during the early years of puberty, there likely is a significant component that is breast tissue and cannot be removed with liposuction alone.  If there was no use of marijuana or other drugs/medication causing gynecomastia, even steroids, that may be just from weight gain and pure fat.  If this is the case, liposuction alone can be quite effective. I hope you find this information helpful. 

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Puffy nipples

This is very common with gynecomastia,  I would recommend you speak to a board certified  surgeon to better asses your question.  Most of the time we are treating gynecomastia with liposuction. *

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Getting rid of puffy nipples?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate  as uncomfortable as gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis. 

Generally speaking, liposuction surgery alone is useful to treat lipomastia (an enlarged chest secondary to adipose tissue); rarely does it suffices as the only modality of treatment when it comes to treating true gynecomastia. Most patients with gynecomastia benefit from direct excision of glandular tissue plus/minus peripheral liposuction surgery.

My best suggestion: get to where you want to be through healthy diet/exercise, if you are not already there.  Then, if you remain concerned about the appearance of the chest wall, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Getting rid of puffy nipples?

I would recommend an in person consultation. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs many of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

RE: Getting rid of puffy nipples?

Puffy nipples are the common complaint of men with mild gynecomastia.  This condition is very common and for some men, it can be very disturbing to the extent that they hide their chests, never taking their shirts off in public.  While a large number of cases of gynecomastia that occur during puberty will resolve on their own (up to 95% resolve within 3 years of onset), many cases persist, and in that case, surgical removal is required to correct it. Although the condition may be mild, a surgeon who is skilled with gynecomastia correction will give you your best bet at a good outcome.  

Richard Silverman, MD
Newton Plastic Surgeon

Addressing Puffy Nipple Complex

"Puffy Nipple Areola Complex" is among the most common forms of gynecomastia. This gland and/or adipose tissue accumulation can be located under the areola or can be slightly extended outside the areola, causing the areola to appear dome shaped.This form of #Gynecomastia can be found in all age groups but is more common in young adults.

As each case is different, it is vital that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in male breast surgery. The surgeon should determine if you are a suitable candidate for male breast reduction by liposuction or glandular excision. It is also crucial to have a plastic surgeon who is well-versed in the gynecomastia condition can determine if there is firm breast tissue beneath the areola that is causing the nipples to project (which is often the case), and if so, how much of this glandular tissue can be removed to create a flat appearance.
#PuffyNipple surgery generally takes only an hour or two, and the recovery time is short; sometimes less than a week. There is minimal scarring and the success rate is excellent. Therefore, patients who suffer from "Puffy Nipples", and who view it as an unaesthetic and unpleasant condition, may desire surgical intervention to correct the "puffy nipple" condition. 
Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate. 

Once you have real gynecomastia,that how it sounds, it is there to stay.

You can see an experienced gynecomastia surgeon

Mordcai Blau, MD

Puffy nipples

Your puffy nipples can be addressed with male breast reduction surgery to remove glandular tissue and fat. Nipple shape can be addressed at the time of surgery. See a BCPS to diagnose your condition. 

DrBurnett#realself100

Male with puffy nipples-gynecomastia?

Puffy nipples is one of the symptoms of gynecomastia, but without photos and an examination it is difficult to diagnose your condition.  You may have  localized fat deposits under the breast causing the puffiness or other stimuli like medications or hormones leading to your symptoms. If the tissue is soft (not rubbery), you may benefit from liposuction alone. It's best to have an experienced Plastic Surgeon perform a thorough evaluation to determine your treatment options. 

Warm regards,

Dr. Pedy Ganchi                                                                                                                                                        Village Plastic Surgery

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon