Is 3 months long enough to wait after myomectomy to get BBL?

I had an open myomectomy done on 8/15/16 and am having a great recovery. Before learning I had fibroids, I booked a BBL for 11/24/16. That is 3 months and one week after the myomectomy. Doctors on RealSelf have responded to several patients asking how long to wait to have BBL after myomectomy with answers ranging from 6 weeks to 6 months. The majority say 3-6months. If my surgeon is open to doing the operation at 3 months, is it still best to wait till 6 months? What exactly am I waiting for?

BBL after Myomectomy

Hello,  thank you for your question.  The reason why most of the Realself PS responded 6 months is because we know that by that time most of the swelling from your first surgery will be gone.  So I suggest you to wait another 3 months for a safer surgery.