If I do Lipo with fat transfer to buttocks but I live NYC. How long do I have to stay in Miami?

Liposuction with fat transfer to the buttocks

Thank you for asking about your liposuction with fat transfer to the buttocks.
  • Generally for out of town liposuction and BBL, you will need to stay  3-5 days.
  • A few points - out-of-town surgery can go well - but if it does not, you have a problem.
  • Unless you arrange in advance with a surgeon to care for your in NY, you will have no option but to keep flying back and forth to Miami.
  • NY is full of excellent lastic surgeons - what about finding a surgeon an hour or two out of NY?
  • That way, fees may not be so high but you are close enough to return to your surgeon.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

You need talk to your surgeon and ask them for these specifics.  And even more important, understand that you will need to travel to Miami as often as needed if you have any complications or issues.  Travelling for surgery is ok 95% of the time.  But if you are one of the 5% that encounters a problem, rather than saving money you will find that you have spent 4 or 5 times the amount of just doing it at home.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Length of stay

Hello and thanks for the question. You should contact the office in Miami to obtain their protocol. In my practice we have the patient return for follow-up within 3-5 days. Devices can be purchased to facilitate air travel. 
Good luck
DrBurnett#realself100

Travel after out of town surgery

I don't know why anyone in NYC, where we have a tremendous number of board certified plastic surgeons, would have the desire to travel to Florida. Actually, I do; they are drawn by the seemingly lower fees but that comes with hidden costs.  Good luck finding follow up care in NY. FL docs can go bare, meaning without malpractice insurance, so who wants to be the only treating doctor with coverage? If you need to return to FL, airfare isn't free and try explaining an absence to your boss. Good luck!

BBL

Hello and thank you for your question. If you live in an area where there are not many plastic surgeons, travelling for surgery can be an option.  The disadvantage is that you don't have good follow-up.  However, in NYC, there are many good plastic surgeons. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

BBL

Not sure why you wouldn't do it in NYC. There are plenty of excellent surgeons here and if you have any issues your doctor is nearby.