Are my implants still in the process of dropping and will they get softer? (photo)

I am almost 5 months post op silicone under from 400 cc from bra size A to C/D. I'm wondering if My implants are still dropping and how long for it to completely finish? Also my breasts aren't completely soft her. The upper pole seems a lot harder than lower pole of the breast. Will it get softer?

Drop and Fluff

I tell patients implants take between 4 and 24 weeks to completely settle.  Larger implants may take longer due to many factors not under the control of the surgeon (ie skin elasticity)

Soft breast implants after breast augmentation, it takes time.

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that,it is common to have implants settle at different rates over different periods of time. They will remain high for at least a few weeks If your pre-existing anatomy has your breast creases or breast folds at different positions, they implants will settle to different places. So your preoperative anatomy has a lot to do with a final result.  It may take another 2-4 months to really see where you are.

From your picture, it looks like you have beautiful young skin, so it will take awhile for this to stretch.

I hope you found this helpful. As always, ask your PS first about any questions.

Best wishes

Drop and Fluff

Thank you for the question and photos. With fairly large implants and a tight fit, sometimes settling/softening can take a little longer than the 4 mobnth average. I let patients know that the whole process can take between 2-6 months as everyone is unique. Even from 6 months to 1 year you may notice subtle, continual softening.  If you have any concerns pay a visit to your Plastic Surgeon.

All the best

Breas

I appreciate your question.

You seem to have a really nice result.
Continue massaging which will help settle everything into a proper place.

The best way to assess and give true advice would an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Implants and settling

Your implants at least in the frontal view look like they are in the right spot. They may change a small fraction more with time. Best of luck.

Surgery

Hello Dear, thanks for the question and picture... You have to wait a couple of months to achieve the last results, it is too soon to appreciate if they're going to stay there or not.. Be patient

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Dropping

Hello, after 5 months...most of the early settling is usually complete. I would expect that as time goes on, they will continue to settle slightly and soften. 

Implants dropping

Thank you for your question and photo.  Your breasts should continue to drop less rapidly as time goes on.  There is no "set date" as to when they will stop dropping.  Please be patient and continue to follow the advice of your surgeon.  With proper post-op care, your breasts should also soften with time.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast implant results at 5 months if still dropping

Your results look good but looking at the upper pole fullness, looks like the implants may still drop a little.  Sometimes it may take patients a little longer (6-9 months) to realize the end result. Continue with massage, be patient, and discuss it with your plastic surgeon.

Ajay V. Kumar, MD

Post op breast implants

The implants usually assume their final position by three months. You should follow up with you plastic surgeon and be examined to make sure that you don't have early capsular contracture.