I want to know the best thing to do. Can Mommy makeovers include fat transfer & removal of saline implants with capsules?

Can Mommy makeovers include fat transfer & removal of saline implants with capsules? I heard capsules do not need to be removed unless on an emergency situation. Would it be a problem again if new salines are implanted? What can cause a rapture? Sorry ladies & gents for all my question? But, if no questions asked no knowledge builds. Lol! I need an via-email consultation with me from Florida doctors that can help me decide.

Mommy Makeover

Mommy makeover is a catchy phrase used to describe certain common procedures women have after pregnancy. You can have almost any combination of procedures as long as you are a suitable candidate. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and breast surgery for more individualized information. Good luck! Dean Vistnes.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

Yes the procedures can be done at the same time.  Capsulectomy is only typically needed if capsular contracture occurs or if free silicone gel has contaminated the capsule resulting in a calcified capsule.  Otherwise, a simple exchange of implants can be done.  With fat grafting (I assume to buttocks) the procedure can be safely performed. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Additional Procedures Combined with a Mommy Makeover

Including the procedures you inquire of with a Mommy Makeover. However, the best procedure combination #technique will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to restore a woman’s body to look as is it did prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.

Your procedures should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

It is always recommended to have a liposuction with transfer to your buttocks first as this guarantees more fat to be transferred than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a mommy makeover

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely. 

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Saline implants

Your saline implants could be removed at the same time.  Unless there is a problem, the capsule does not need to be removed and new implants could be placed at the same time.  If you have saline, perhaps you could switch to silicone.  If there is nothing wrong with your breasts, I would hesitate to do anything as it might not be necessary. 

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant revision

Thank you for your question, in general, and mommy makeover refers to the breast and abdominal procedure. Having your saline implants removed does not necessitate removing of the capsule. Liposuction and fat grafting may be performed in the same operation. You would need to be seen and examined in person for precise recommendations.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Cristal,

Mommy Makeovers are typical a combination of a breast lift and tummy tuck.  Fat transfer is very popular and can certainly be added based on your consultation with your plastic surgeon.

Removal of capsules, or capsulectomy can be performed for a variety of reasons and can be included in your breast lift.  All depends on the consultation and a good examination and discussion with your plastic surgeon. Find someone that is willing to spend the time to go over all of these details with you.

I hope this was helpful,

Dr. Daniel Barrett
Beverly Hills, CA

Daniel Barrett, MD

Mommy Makeover definition

Mommy makeovers can imply anything to improve body shapes brought on by pregnancy and having babies. It often is referred to a combined  breast and abdominal procedure like tummy tuck and breast lift or augmentation. Therefore it could include liposuction of the abdomen with fat transfer to the buttocks along with correction of implants with capsules. Rupture occurs with wear and tear of the  implant plastic shell over time , a defect in the fill valve area, and maybe some severe trauma to the breast. Capsules can reform sometimes after new implants are placed.

David Liland, MD

Implant rupture

Thank you for your question and a Mommy Makeover usually means sometype of breast surgery associated with body contouring usually an abdominoplasty so certainly fat transfers couls be added as well as what needs to be done to get the best appearance to the breast. Saline implant deflations can occur for many resons though the most common is due to a fold in the implant that develops a hole over time. dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Mommy makeover and changing implants

An examination is necessary to make recommendations but your implants and usually capsules should be removed to start with a new virgin pocket, then either saline, or silicone implants can be placed. Fat also can be used, depending on the size change you are looking for. 

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon