If the procedure is done will the sweating increase in the groin area because it has the same sweat glands as the underarm?

I am asking about the miradry treatment. If the procedure is done will the sweating increase in the groan area because it has the same sweat glands as the underarm.

Compensatory?

You're talking about compensatory sweating which has not been reported with MiraDry when compared to other modalities like Botox. MiraDry only affects 2% of the glands in the body and that is the reason compensatory sweating is not as likely. Best, Dr. ALDO

Compensatory Sweating with miraDry

Hi, great question!

This is not a reported side effect from miraDry since only 2% of the total sweat and odor glands in the body are located in the underarm area. This will not result in a compensatory sweating since this is such a small percentage of the total sweat and odor glands in the body.

I had the procedure done and am so happy I did. No deodorant, no odor, no downtime, no compensatory sweating. Life changing.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Compensatory sweating after miraDry is very rare

It is very unlikely for miraDry to cause compensatory sweating. I have only read about 2 patients on this forum that developed compensatory sweating after miraDry. To give you more information, we rarely, if ever, see patients get compensatory sweating when underarm sweating is blocked with Botox.

Compensatory sweating is a common occurrence after sympathectomy. 

MiraDry and Compensatory Sweating

You are born with approximately 2 million sweat glands throughout your body. Your underarms only contain about 2% of those glands. With miraDry you will experience the many benefits of stopping sweat in the underarm area, but you will continue to sweat elsewhere.Since your underarms contain only about 2% of the sweat glands within the entire body, you will continue to sweat naturally elsewhere with out increase sweating in other areas.  MiraDry is a great option to help you feel clean, confident and sweat free.

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS

Underarm and the groin

MiraDry directly treats the sweat glands and odor glands.  Treating under your arms should have no effect on your groin.

Barry N. Silberg, MD, FACS
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Miradry

The area treated is so small it is unlikely to cause sweating in other areas increase.What you are thinking about is the effect seen when they used to do the old sweat treatments

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist