Hair transplant for female front hair line. (photos)

I'm 38, female. Androgenic alopecia on my father's side. My mom has thick hair. My brother, some thinning. I have had miniaturized hairs on front since I was in my teens and have used minoxidil but stopped it due to the excess body hair it has caused me. Now the body hair is gone but frontal thinning showing Back of my headd has very thick hair thick diameter. Was diagnosed with male pattern baldness. I'm cleared of thyroid probs, lupus. Would 500 hairs do for the small area in the front?

It would be best to see a doctor in person for a consultation. A typical scalp has about 200 hairs in a square centimeter.

It would be best to see a doctor in person for a consultation.  A typical scalp has about 200 hairs in a square centimeter.  If you understand this, you can figure out roughly what 500 hairs will cover.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplant for thinning female hairline

It's hard to say from the photos, but it might be reasonable to put ~ 500 grafts in the central hairline to recontour it. But you could also benefit from two of the popular non-surgical alternatives to minoxidil: LLLT (low level laser therapy) using one of a number of devices on the market, and/or a series of PRP treatments.

Thanks for your question, and good luck--I hope this has been helpful.

Dr. Ballon

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

Female with thinning hair

The best treatment for this type of condition is a cosmetic treatment which will make your hair look fuller with a permanent concealer called scalp micropigmentation, See below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon