Gynecomastia surgery through nipples only?

I just had my GYNO operation 3 days ago. My doctor removed the glands and excess fat only through incision in my nipples. Is that good technique? I know it's still too early to judge the results of the operation. but I feel my chest too heavy when I walk ( like it is shaking while I am walking) Could that be fluids issue?

Recovery and Discomfort Following Gynecomastia Surgery

A collection of fluid under the skin occurs occasionally during the postoperative period. Aspiration of the fluid with a needle is frequently helpful. Secondary surgery is rarely necessary.
Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin.

If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

It is hard to know exactly what operation was performed for you; online consultants cannot tell you whether or not "good technique" was practiced. Given that you are early out of the procedure, I would suggest ongoing time/patience and close followup with your plastic surgeon.  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Hi there.
Yes three days is too early. Your chest is partially numb, and swollen so you can wait. Just make sure you have regular followups.
Best of luck

Almost all gynecomastia surgery is done through the lower half of the areola

I do over 95% of my gynecomastia correction with just that small incision. i drain all of these cases.
In the rare man with a lot of redundant skin, it can be necessary to make further incisions to resect the skin.

you are probably just sensing the swelling.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia results

I can't be sure, but what you are explaining probably is and incision around the areola. This would be a common approach for correction of gynecomastia. The heaviness you feel may represent a collection of fluid or even fluid within the tissues which has not been absorbed by your body yet. If you continue to have concerns, you should definitely have your plastic surgeon check this. They would be in the best position to give you more information

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Nipple incision

Not sure if you mean that the incion is through the actual nipple or at the bottom of the areola, which is very common. I would think that an incion just through the nipple would not allow full removal of the gland. You should ask your surgeon and also contact him/her about the heaviness, wich could represent a fluid collection.