Fatty Chin options (photo)

Greeting doctors .. as you can see in my photo I have fat pads on my chin .. how can this be fixed .. to mke my chin smaller smoother and symmetric thanks in advance.

I have fat pads on my chin .. how can this be fixed .. to mke my chin smaller smoother and symmetric thanks in advance.

Hi, non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help with the evaluation. I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years. This is a 3/4 view that doesn't properly demonstrate the chin front projection. There are no fat deposits within the chin (under the chin there are but not within the chin muscle itself). The photo shows a very asymmetric chin which is likely due to a less prominent bone on that side of the chin.

Based upon the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles. Making the chin smaller and weaker would make the chin less angular and masculine in appearance. Instead, using a dermal filler to add precise volume to the smaller side of the chin should be considered.

Hope this helps.

Needs an exam

An exam will help.
Lesser options include microliposuctoion, Kybella,  or Botox to try to help you with your chin.

Chin asymmetry options

Thanks for sharing.  Your chin has some unusual asymmetry.  I am not sure if you had something done before.  It is possible fat grafting or chin implantation may help lessen the asymmetry.  Also sometimes a hyperdynamic chin muscle called the mentalis muscle may be contributing to the appearance here and botox would be the treatment.  Speak to several board certified surgeons to discuss you options.

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Central Cleft of the Chin

As mentioned in other answers, better pictures from front and side views are needed to fully evaluate?  Have you had any previous treatments or procedures?  Any previous scars or injuries in the area?  Answers to all of these questions will allow for a more tailored approach to your chin.  If a scar is present, a scar revision with associated fat injection will improve the appearance.  In any event, more information is needed to come with a customized plan

Choosing the correct procedure

A well-defined Jaw line.
Most young people who are not overweight who have a double chin or ill-defined Jaw line have a lack of chin projection.
This is generally an imbalance of the mandible to the maxilla.
Often people with this condition will have an overbite or the chin simply does not project enough. Based on your pictures my guess is you would do much better with a chin implant then with any type of fat removal procedure though the best result would most likely come from having both.
In my opinion a liposuction remains the gold standard in removal of subcutaneous fat.
It's generally a single treatment very safe fast recovery and can be done in an office setting without the use of General Anastasia. My practice is almost exclusively devoted to body contouring using liposuction and fat transfer.
Most of my chin liposuction patients don't even need any form of sedation.
It's generally better tolerated than a simple dental procedure. When you add up the cost I need for multiple treatments as well as postoperative swelling from Kybella.
The placement of a chin implant does require some for of sedation and is often done using general anesthesia.
Chin augmentation can also be achieved using long lasting fillers such as Radiesse.
While only a temporary treatment it can serve as a test run of what the benefit of a chin implant could be. The two are not the same so while a similar outcome is possible using fillets will not look exactly like an implant would.
Mats Hagstrom,MD

Mats Hagstrom, MD