Help I have no enamel left, and currently have composites. But the color doesn't match my teeth perfectly. (Photo)

I went to a dentist a year ago to get a quick fix because my 2 front teeth were extremely yellow due to some hygienist shaving away at my enamel when I was 19 yo (12 years ago). So I guess this recent dentist needed to shave whatever I had left to bond the composites or I just didn't have any left. But he said veneers would not bond to my teeth at this point, I would need crowns. I'm worried how crowns would look on my two fronts. Or if I can possibly get whiter and better matching composites?

Whitening and veneers

That sounds like a reasonable plan.  You should wait 2 weeks after your final whitening session/tray before taking a shade match to allow any rebounding to occur.  If you don't, you may select a shade for the veneers which is too light.  If you have bonding currently, it should be able to be removed and veneers could be fabricated and bonded.

Douglas Jopling, DDS
Dallas, TX area

Porcelain #veneers to replace bonding #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
I agree that your two front teeth do not match your other teeth. I would highly recommend veneers rather than bonding. I always recommend looking at before and after photos of actual patients of the dentist you are considering before selecting that dentist. This will give you a pretty good indication of what you can expect. I'll link a before and after photo of a patient of mine who's discolored teeth were completely transformed with veneers. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Porcelain veneers and bonding

In most cases, yes, bonding can be used and can be made whiter as well. In your case, the bonding will need to have tints placed in to create a blend with your natural teeth.  If the tongue side of your tooth is all your natural tooth and has enamel on it, veneers should work.  Again, it is hard to assess without seeing you.  Any crowns or veneers will need to be custom shaded. This will most likely need to be done at the prep appt and also at the first tryin.  Do not let anyone seat the veneers or crowns without first approving the way they look.

Ronald Konig DDS
Houston Dentist

Bonding

I agree that your front teeth are yellow. I suggest getting a second opinion. If your teeth can hold bonding they can hold veneers.