Would a chemical peel be a good choice for a old bleach burn ? (photos)
Doctor Answers 4
Treating a bleach burn that darkened the skin
- Darkened skin can be difficult to treat.
- I suggest you start with a prescription strength hydroquinone and probably a glycolilc and retin A cream.
- A steroid cream might be added as well.
- you must keep the dark area away from the sun and protected with sun block or it will darken again.
- After a month of skin treatment, light glycolic peel might be tried - work up slowly to stronger peels.
- Each time you peel the skin, it is possible to damage the skin or darken it so please -
- do this with professional supervison and be patient.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.
Chemical Peels and Dark Skin
Chemical Peels in darker skin have to be performed by a board certified dermatologist who is knowledgable in darker skin. A combination go bleaching agents and topical creams along with the peels are really the best way to go about treating this. Best, Dr. Green
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.