Would a chemical peel be a good choice for a old bleach burn ? (photos)
Doctor Answers 4
Treating a bleach burn that darkened the skin
- Darkened skin can be difficult to treat.
- I suggest you start with a prescription strength hydroquinone and probably a glycolilc and retin A cream.
- A steroid cream might be added as well.
- you must keep the dark area away from the sun and protected with sun block or it will darken again.
- After a month of skin treatment, light glycolic peel might be tried - work up slowly to stronger peels.
- Each time you peel the skin, it is possible to damage the skin or darken it so please -
- do this with professional supervison and be patient.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.
Chemical Peels and Dark Skin
Chemical Peels in darker skin have to be performed by a board certified dermatologist who is knowledgable in darker skin. A combination go bleaching agents and topical creams along with the peels are really the best way to go about treating this. Best, Dr. Green