I’m looking to get a breast reduction and lift. I’m looking for an affordable doctor. (Photos)

I’m looking for a doctor that can bring my breast down to a size C I'm a "DD" right now. They get in the way and make it hard to find clothes and bras. I’m a student so I’m looking for an affordable job

Find the doctor for your surgery

Also known as reduction mammoplasty, this is an operation intended to reduce the size of a woman's breasts and improve their shape and position. Frequently, the areola (dark skin around the nipple) is also made smaller. Functional symptoms (medical disorders) caused by excessive breast weight may be relieved or improved by this operation. Breast reduction procedures are ideal for:

• Women who have large, heavy breasts, which may be the cause of movement difficulties, back, shoulder and neck pain, poor posture, bra-strap indentations and chafing under the breasts will benefit from reduction.
  • Women with excessive breast size, which may decrease a sense of attractiveness and self-confidence, are candidates.
  • Women with large breasts that interfere with normal daily activities or with exercise will be more comfortable when reduced.

Cost of reduction.

Your question can only be answered in general terms in that I do not know what area of the country you are in and if you have an insurance plan that will cover this procedure. In general out of pocket costs can run eight thousand dollars or more since there is a cost for the operating room and anesthesia.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction lift?

Its not easy to say what is affordable.  If you are covered by insurance sometimes they will cover the cost if you can prove need.  In the North East part of the country you are looking costs in the range of 6500 to 10K depending on a number of factors.  The best thing you can do is make an appointment with a Board certified plastic surgeon to get a more precise price.  hope this helps.  

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

I’m looking to get a breast reduction and lift. I’m looking for an affordable doctor.

Thanks for the question and congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. 

When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, insurance company involvement (if any)… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.