Breast reduction with implant? (Photo)

Currently I am 5'3 240lbs 34k and I'm in the process of losing weight Ideally I would be 160 ?ddd I want to have a reduction and get implants put in so that they can be rounder is this possible? I've never had small breast and I can see myself with anything less than a ddd

Breast Reduction with Implant? in the Overweight

Congratulations on your decision to lose weight. This should be done before you consider anything with your breasts. To begin your understanding what you will eventually do, you need to know there are a number of problems with your query. First, there is never a reason to place an implant when doing a breast reduction. In a reduction, you are removing breast tissue. The size you obtain is dependent on how much tissue you remove. The remaining tissue, when elevated to a proper position will give you the look you desire. Even if you lose a significant amount, which should be to at least less than 140 lbs.,you should still have enough breast tissue that you will need a reduction. If you lose enough from your breasts, it may be possible that you will need an implant and lift, but that is quite unlikely. The last problem is how you see yourself. You need to begin seeing yourself as a thinner, smaller person if you are to succeed in your weight loss attempt. Once you do this, you should also begin to see yourself with smaller breasts that match your new body. 

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction with implant?

Thank you for the question and congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.   Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon (who you should choose very carefully). Most patients wish to achieve enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso.  With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) very helpful.  For example, I have found that the use of words such as “DDD cup” or "not too small" or "proportionate" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.  Once you have communicated your goals carefully, your plastic surgeon will be able to provide you with an estimation of how much tissue will need to be removed, in order to achieve your desired outcome. In my opinion, you should have the breast lift/reduction surgery first and after everything has healed, if you find that you would like to increase your breast size, return to your surgeon for discussion of placement of breast implants. I would not perform both procedures at the same time due to increased risk associated with surgery.Best wishes with your breast reduction procedure; hopefully you will be very pleased with the outcome of the procedure performed.