Do I need a lower body lift or can I get a good result with a TT, inner thigh lift and BBL? (Photo)

I'm 5'5" and 43 years old. After bariatric surgery 2 years ago, I went from 290 to 145. I know I definitely need a TT and inner thigh lift (and a breast lift w implants later). I'd also like more volume on my behind. However, my behind is a bit saggy. Will a BBL fill out my saggy skin or should I get a 360 TT?

Usually if your buttock sagging is not terrible, fat injection is a good choice

Yes, you already know you need a tummy tuck and inner thigh lift. The inner thigh lift should be a vertical one, not one that is tucked in the groin crease. You need circumferential skin removal from your thighs. You are a candidate for a lower body lift (which combines a tummy tuck with an outer thigh and buttock lift), but you might consider having buttock fat injection with your tummy tuck (and liposuction to harvest the fat) instead.  You can always return later for an outer thigh/buttock lift. This way you save money and take care of your priorities. You are planning a breast lift with implants later so an outer thigh/buttock lift could be done at that time if you still want it. Some examples are available on my website.

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Body lift or tummy tuck after losing 145 pounds

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck or body lift.
  • Congratulations on your weight loss! Good for you.
  • Your photos show you need a 360 lower body lift -
  • There is sagging skin all around the the back, causing the buttocks to sag.
  • Your surgeon may be able to give the buttocks a little volume by rolling the tissue under at the buttocks, instead of cutting it off.
  • Doing a tummy tuck and BBL will, in my opinion, leave you with a result that disappoints you,.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FAC

Body lift

Based upon your photos you do not look like you have significant fat left for a BBL. You are probably best served by having a body lift and then a breast lift, or arm lift, and inner thigh lift.  Best of luck.

Body Lift vs TT and thigh lift

Hi my thought would be to  liposuction your key spots and use that fat for your BBL that I'd combine with a TT and inner thigh lift.   I think that would take care of most of your issues and may be all that you need.  Best Wishes!!

Post massive weight loss body contouring

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. Firstly let me be the first to tell you that you have a very nice figure.  Secondly I specialize in post massive weight loss body contouring 80 % of my practice being geared towards it.The best procedure for I believe is a lower body lift which in my hands includes : 1. A full tummy tuck. 2. A mons lift. 3. A strong lateral thigh lift. 4. A buttock lift. 5. Auto augmentation of the buttocks and hips. The hip flap is designed to help increase or maintain your hip / waist ratio. A thigh lift can be done at the same time even a breast aug/lift although I would seperate them.The autologous butt augmentation works well in post massive weight loss patients to augment the but rather than a bbl which requires good tissue tone.Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Body Lift is for you

When you lost weight you lost it all the way around your body. A body lift will be the right procedure for you. You can leave some of the tissue you would normally excise on the buttock area to increase buttock fullness if desired. Sounds like you are on the right path. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck or body lift?

Thanks for posting your questions and photographs.  You appear to be an ideal candidate for an initial body lift procedure followed by a further procedures which can include, arms, breasts, thighs and buttocks.  You need a comprehensive consultation with a fully qualified plastic surgeon to map out the best surgical plan for you.  I find patients willing to invest the time in these procedures achieve excellent outcomes.

I believe a body lift will address the skin laxity in your lower trunk. A buttock flap can be used to augment your buttocks during this procedure. All the best.

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Contouring surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck vs lower body lift, thigh lift and a breast lift with implants.  You ask an excellent question regarding a tummy tuck vs a lower body lift.  I often perform lower body lifts in bariatric surgery patients but much of this depends on exactly how much tissue laxity you have.  The best way to determine this is with an in-person consultation.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD