After Liposuction with BBL, Will the Stomach Look Tight & Smooth or Will my Skin Stay Loose? And How Likely Will the Fat Return?

I had a consultation for a Brazilian Butt Lift and I learned that my main source of fat would have to be my stomach, because I only carry fat around my middle. I am 25 with a very slim physique everywhere except my tummy. I weigh 118 pounds and my height is 5 feet. My fear is, will the skin on my stomach tighten and look flat and even? or will I experience the wrinkle-y, cellulite look on my stomach that other patients have suffered with? Also how many incisions are needed for my fat removal?

Thin women can have great Brazilian Butt Lift results

You have more than enough fat for a great Brazilian Butt Lift result. Remember it's all about proportions. Here are the keys to a great result:

1. Small cannulas with small holes will not cause skin irregularities and allow you to harvest more fat. See video below on the importance of cannulas.
  2. You will benefit from proper sculpting of the lower back and shelf area to get the best result- remember, not only size, but beautiful shape counts. See link below.
  3. You will also benefit from fat injection to the hips to give you a curvy figure and better waist to hip ratio.

Based upon your pictures and your age, liposuction will probably generate a good result, especially with an experienced surgeon.  I only use 3 incisions to liposuction the upper and lower abdomen, flanks, upper and lower back, and fat transfer to the buttocks.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Skin Laxity After BBL

Thank you for your question and photos.  At your age your skin should contract after liposuction.  You are a good candidate for a BBL with liposuction.  Best wishes on your recovery.

Brazilian Butt Lift

Whether the skin will retract will depend on the quality of the skin. That can be determined by examination only. This is part of the art of liposuction. For Brazilian Butt Lift, where the fat is taken from must give the ultimate cosmetic result to the liposuctioned area and to the buttock. The choice of the surgeon is very important, experience , care, Attention to fine details.

Skin after a BBL

It is hard to predict how your skin will retract without an exam. It is difficult to say if you are a good candidate for a brazilian butt lift. Best to be seen in person.

Skin contraction after liposuction depends on several variables...

Hi there,

Without examining you in person, it is impossible for anyone to say with confidence what the likelihood of your skin contraction after liposuction would be, so please take our answers with a large grain of salt and understand that only your surgeon could truly give you an educated answer.

On the other hand, generally speaking, a 25 year old woman who has never had a baby and whose liposuction is performed by a skilled and experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, should have a very good probability of achieving a very smooth and pleasing shape and smoothness.

The best advice I could give you would be to find the best surgeon you can and ask them these questions after a careful exam and consultation.

Best of luck