3 days post op 1cc Juvederm, lips are they still swollen. How much will they go down? They are too big super worried. (photo)

Its been 3 days post Juvederm Lip injections I got 1cc put in and had a bit left over in syringe.. Super worried and don't like how they look on my face. They look way too big are they still swollen? how much more will they go down? don't like that my top lip is so big please help!

Lip Swelling

I would wait 7-10 days to evaluate the final result of your lip filler. It appears like there is still significant swelling of your lips in the photo. In addition, you had some bruising which will also create more swelling. The swelling can persist for up to a week in the lips. If you still have concerns at that point I would recommend returning to your injector for evaluation and treatment options. Best wishes.

Lip Swelling

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Lips very swollen after 1 cc of Juvederm, 3 days post procedure

Thank you for your photos.  Sometimes there may be some contour irregularities after injection.  This can be due to the product placement, bruising, or other issues.  You are very early in your post procedure course.  In our office, we usually wait 10 to 14 days before seeing a patient back as we know there will be swelling.  Swelling can be present for a while, even longer if there was any bruising.  Often contour irregularities can be smoothed out.  Please let your well trained, experienced injector know about your concerns.

Juvederm

Swelling and bruising are common side effects of facial fillers which can last up to two weeks. If swelling is persistent after two weeks contact the provider who performed your injections for a follow up appointment to discuss your concerns. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

Juvederm

Juvederm for lips

You do have some swelling and bruising still.  It can take up to 2 weeks to see the full effect of your Juvederm treatment.  If you are still not happy at that time, please return to your doctor for assessment.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Juvederm for lips

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Lip injections can take up to a week for swelling to subside

I do think they will end up fairly big but wait a week to see. Hyaluronidase can always be used. I prefer Restylane Silk for lips. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Steven F. Weiner, MD