Is it OK to a wear a tighter compression garment around the waist after the 4th week of liposuction of the abdomen and back?

I got lipo 360 and a bbl over 4 weeks ago. My doctor recommended a compression garment with less compression to wear now. But, I feel the need to wear a surgical compression garment that only goes around the waist. I wear it to sleep for like 10 hours. Will this help with the swelling and to contour my waist in the long run? I want to make my waist smaller because I lost some of the fat added to my hips and butt from the bbl.

Compression garment 4 weeks after BBL

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and BBL.

• We don't believe that the garment will affect your result 
  • You should (we believe) get the same result with or without a garment
  • But I also believe in what your body is telling you - if you feel the need for a garment, just check with your surgeon that a tight one is ok and ask if s/he has one to recommend.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction and compression garments

Compression garments simply help control swelling after liposuction and will not offer additional contouring .     They also help avoid banding or creases from tight clothing which may affect your results. The initial garment can typically feel  loose after one month when swelling has decreased significantly. At this time it's best to follow your surgeon's recommendations during your evaluations for the best post-operative care.

Warm regards,

Dr. Pedy Ganchi                                                                                                                                                    Village Plastic Surgery

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Compression garment

Some surgeons like to use garments, and others do not. You should contact your surgeon to see what his preference is.