Tuberous breast correction? (Photos)

I am currently 23 years old and I have always been insecure about my breasts. My biggest issue is the areola size/puffiness. I am not exactly sure that I have tuberous breasts, but based on some research mine seem to similar to descriptions I have found. I would like to correct it and possibly do implants to make my breasts have a more fuller shape. I am afraid that just doing implants alone will not actually fix the areola and may exaggerate it. What is the best way to correct this issue?

Combine Implants With Areola Reduction

It doesn't appear your breasts are characteristic of tuberous breasts. If you're concerned about the size and puffiness of your nipples and are considering breast augmentation, a periareolar mastopexy (breast lift) can be performed at the same time to reduce the size of the areolae. Breast implants add volume and will increase the breasts' fullness, but you're correct that the areolae may actually increase in size if they aren't being surgically reduced. I recommend being as clear as possible with your surgeon about your desired result.

Tubular breast correction, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, i can identify that you have a underveloped and mild tubular Breast.
I recommend you perform a Tubular Breasts Correction with Breast Augmentation using silicon implants, at the same surgical time.
There is a surgical technique for Tuberous Breasts correction, by which it is arranged the tuberous areolar ring from inside, without requiring areolar reduction. In this technique we also need silicon implants, to get a better Breast volume and projection.
Therefore it is very important that the plastic surgeon who will perform the surgery, has the skills and vast experience in this type of procedure.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tuberous Breast

If you are not happy with the size of your areola, you are going to need a peri-areolar reduction (lift)  in conjunction with your breast augmentation. I would recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Miami Beach and Beverly Hills Trained Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Puffy nipples and a breast augmentation

Thanks for reaching out.  You do not have all of the characteristics of a classically described tuberous breasts.  However using some of the techniques used in correcting Tuberous Breasts can help you out a great deal.  You are right, Breast Augmentation will leave you wanting more from your surgery, however it would be a very common mistake from a surgeon who does not have a lot of experience in complex breast surgery.  A periareolar lift and areolar reduction will help reduce the size of your areola and position your breasts slightly higher on your breast mound.  It will also help in flattening the puffy appearance that bothers you.  Also by making small radial incisions inside your breast near the areola it will help even out the herniation of breast tissue centrally that is adding to your complaint.  At this point adding a breast implant will definitely give you a fuller shape with nice cleavage.

I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

Thanks for the question and for including the photos.

Youi do NOT have tuberous breasts.  You do have 'puffy' nipple areolas.  The breasts also have some asymmetry (all breasts do).  

You must ask yourself certain questions:

Do I want larger breasts or just higher appearing ones?  If larger, go for implants (and a periareolar lift).  If not, just go for the periareolar lift (a scar around the areola).  The lift will elevate the breasts, tighten and reduce the size of the areolas (and the puffiness) and reduce some of the asymmetry.  Go online and look up photos of the periareolar lift (Benelli lift).  If you decide on nothing, your breasts are very nice just as they are.

Best of luck in whichever decisions you make.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Breast surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you do not have the classic appearance of a tuberous breast.  Implants with an areola reduction may be able to help the appearance of your breasts. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tuberous Breasts

Your photos demonstrate possible mild signs of constricted breasts. Breast augmentation technique in patients with all types of constricted breasts differ, depending on the degree of constricted breasts. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon with lots of experience with constricted breasts. Good luck

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

You have options!

First of all your breasts are not tuberous, however  your areaolas are "puffy" and can certainly be treated if you desire.  A breast augmentation alone will NOT correct this - y ou are right - and it may actually exaggerate this.  The only reason for you to consider a breast augmentation is if you wish to increase your breast size.  Otherwise, strike augmentation off this list.  A periareolar mastopexy with a blocking suture could alleviate this puffiness, but this would result in a scar around your areaola. By using a permanent blocking suture, the scar will be kept from widening over time.  One potential additional advantage of this technique is a reduction of your areola size, which I have found most women like very much. I have performed many cases like yours and so I know how much this condition can be bothersome to you.  Of course, there is no reason you HAVE to have surgery for this situation.  This is purely aesthetically elective.  Good luck!

Brian S. Glatt, MD, FACS
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Do I have tuberous breasts ?

based on your pictures, the only feature you have of tuberous breast is enlarged areolas with puffiness and that is good news. You are a good candidate for breast augmentation to make the breasts appear fuller and this can be performed along with a periareolar mastopexy to decrease the size of the areola. You should visit board-certified plastic surgeons for an in person evaluation , find one that you're comfortable with it and who understands your concerns. Good luck!

Shwetambara Parakh, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Your breasts

Your breasts are normal. They are not tuberous. YOu need no surgery - making the areolas smaller only will add scars. Get used to them.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD