Please help! Got tattoo removal back in June 2016. It is now almost December (Photo)

Please help! I got laser treatment done 5 or so months ago. The whole process was easy. No blisters and the pain wasn't too bad. After the first couple a months or so I noticed my arm was still red. I was unsure if the laser changed the ink color or my body still has some healing time. It is now month 5. Redness may be down a little, but still noticeable. I am not sure what the next step is. Is it as simple as applying a cream or do I need another procedure?

​Patience is the Key to Laser Tattoo Removal

Thanks for your question.  You did not mention what kind of laser treatment you had.  We have treated several multi-color ink tattoos with great success.  We utilize a PicoSure with 755nm & 532nm for these ink colors. 

Patience is the key to any laser tattoo removal plan.  We tell every Pico tattoo removal patient to expect at least 6 treatments and don't be surprised if it is 10-12 or longer with thick tribal tattoos.  We see some patients twice a year and their tattoos seem to clear up to 6 months.  After using the PicoSure for 2 years, we have found it is best to wait 2-6 months between treatments.  There is a limit to how small the laser can break up the ink.  It's up to you and your body to take the ink away.  We encourage our patients to drink plenty of water, sweat it out and eat a healthy diet between treatments.

If don't think it is continuing to fade, I would suggest you are ready for another treatment.  Prices vary by market.  You are trying to reverse permanent ink.  Good Luck and have patience!

Fort Worth Physician