How can I physically check that all the swelling after rhinoplasty is gone? (Photo)

How can I physically check that all the swelling after rhinoplasty is gone? I'm 7 and a half months post-op, the upper part of the nose looks slim and perfect but the bottom part is still kinda wide. My doc said that I had thick skin on the tip. Thanks.

Takes 1-3 years

We generally say it takes 1-3 years for ALL the swelling to go away.  Rhinoplasty is a slow healing process because no skin is cut (unlike a facelift, or tummy tuck) so the skin has to mold to the new framework. Be patient and trust your surgeon.  

Takes 1-3 years

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Final rhinoplasty results

You could schedule an appointment to have your nose assessed by your surgeon, but your results look good. If the tip still feels hard then it's probably still swollen. It's the last area to heal and all you can do is be patient.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Final rhinoplasty results

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Rhinoplasty

Your results look quite nice.  If the tip feels firm and is stiff, then it is likely still swollen...

Rhinoplasty

Revision, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns about your Rhinoplasty with us.

Congratulations for having patience and wait more than six months PO, which is the recommended time allowed to make judgments of value and be precise and accurate.

After having analyzed all the info and photos provided to us, i recommend to perform a Secondary Rhinoplasty (not a tip revision) this means (basically) treat the nasal bones and the nasal cartilages.
Therefore i would perform a narrowing of the nasal base (nose osteotomy) and alar and triangular cartilage shaping.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Revision, some advices:

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD