Size 38 F bra and 5'4 and weigh 175 (very muscular) getting breast reduction removing 482 grams. What cup size would I be?

Health insurance is covering it and requiring based on my height and weight that I have to remove 482grams but plastic surgeon thinks I might be too small but I'm ok with a b cup. What size would I end up since I'm currently a 38F now. PS is also going to lipo the sides of my breasts

Breast Reduction

It is hard to say without an image.  I would stay away from using letter sizes, since this may vary. 

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai

What cup size after breast reduction?

It's hard to predict EXACTLY what cup size you would be.  But if you truly are an F cup, it would take a lot more than 482 gms to drop you to a B.  You would probably end up at least a C cup.  Tell your Plastic Surgeon what cup size you want to be, and trust him/her to make the right decisions in the OR to get you there. 

Breast reduction

It is hard to predict what cup size you would be after a reduction because volumes do not always match cup sizes.

Breast reduction sizing

If you are a true F cup, then a lot more than 500 grams would be resected. No surgeon goes into an operation planning to remove precisely 482 grams but woe unto he who removes less than that on retrospective review!

What cup size would I be after breast reduction?

Thank you for the question and congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

There is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon (who you should choose very carefully). Most patients wish to achieve enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso. 

With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) very helpful.  For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “B or C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

Once you have communicated your goals carefully, your plastic surgeon will be able to provide you with an estimation of how much tissue will need to be removed, in order to achieve your desired outcome.

Best wishes with your breast reduction procedure; hopefully you will be very pleased with the outcome of the procedure performed.