Do you think I need rhinoplasty? My nose looks big/droopy from the side. (Photo)

Not sure if its just me mentally but do you think its a good idea? Nobody really has said I have a big nose but it bothers me and I've started to touch it A LOT! From the front it looks fine but the sides just look weird & droopy like i said not sure if its just me.. Thanks.

Reduction Rhinoplasty: An Option for an Oversized or Large Nose

Hello:

Thank you for your question. The decision to modify/enhance any feature of your face, especially your nose is a very personal decision. The only reason anyone should consider plastic surgery is because they want it. Not because someone else told them it was a good option for them. So, to begin answering your question, there is nothing wrong with you feeling of unhappiness with the front and side view of your nose.

Rhinoplasty surgery can help a patient such as yourself achieve the following:

• Get rid of a hump or bump on your nose
  • Achieve asymmetry or correct a crooked nose
  • Refine your nasal tip
  • Reduce the overall size and width of your nose
  • Adjust the tip of your nose upward

I would highly recommend that you seek out the expert advice of board certified facial plastic surgeons. Board certification in facial plastic surgery, especially rhinoplasty (nose job) surgery, is paramount to a superior post-operative result. You need a facial plastic surgeon that has the expertise and skill set to help you achieve the results you desire. I always advise my patients that having a unified vision with your surgeon will help to guarantee that end result.

I wish you the best on your decision making process and have included a website link about rhinoplasty as well as a video that explains the different terms associated with nasal surgery. Please feel free to reach out to our New York City office with any questions you might have.

Sincerely,

Philip J. Miller, MD, FACS

Double Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do you think I need rhinoplasty? My nose looks big/droopy from the side.

How the Rhinoplasty operation is performed?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Why should I get a Rhinoplasty operation?

If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

no one needs a Rhinoplasty, but you could definitely improve the way you look by getting one. If you ask me, Yes I think is a good idea. 

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Nose too big? The answer, in part, depends on you

while your nose may be larger than average, many people have noses that are bigger but look great. Men who are tall can carry a bigger nose, and it doesn't hold them back; unless it affects their self confidence. The same is true for women, but on a smaller scale, since they are typically shorter than men. Ultimately, though, the nose that's best for you is the one that makes you feel good about yourself. 

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do you think I need a rhinoplasty?

The decision to undergo a rhinoplasty procedure is a personal one, and only the patient can make that decision. Once you have made the decision to undergo the procedure, make appointments with three busy rhinoplasty surgeons in your area. Rhinoplasty is a difficult endeavor, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish lifting the tip, shaving down the dorsal hump, narrowing the bridge line and making the overall nose smaller with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. Digital computer imaging performed at the time of the consultation can also be helpful to understand what can and cannot be accomplished with the procedure. For more information and many  before and after rhinoplasty examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

If you are unhappy with your nose, then you are best to go for consultation with a plastic surgeon for evaluation. Best of luck.

Your nose

No one "needs" a rhinoplasty. If you do not like the way your nose looks and the doctor agrees that they can help you achieve your goal then go for it. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

No, you don't need one

No you definitely don't need one.  Give it time, if it still bothers you in a year or two explore your options.  See a board certified plastic surgeon who does only closed scarless rhinoplasty as 100% of his practice. 

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD