Too much removed during labiaplasty. Are there any options for repair? (Photo)

Only left side of labia minora was removed because it was too big. Now one side is completely amputated and other is normal. It's ugly! Is there any options for repair? Maybe fat injection into the amputated labia minora to get this bigger? Or take some tissue from clitoral hood to make labia? One dr said that it wouldn't stay there and may fall off. Is that true? I don't have much issue to take. Or cut half of the right labia minora and put this to the left side? Or is it impossible to do this?

Reconstruction of Overdone Labiaplasty Resection

Depending on the amount of tightness (tension) in the scar, it might be possible to reconstruct the left side using the existing tissue. A consultation would be your best bet. The revision should be done at least six months after the original surgery.

Labial repair

First, avoid surgery for 5-6 months. As the prepuce is not removed, it may be used as a flap to be placed where the removal took place though you would need 2-3 procedures to accomplish .
Symmetric aesthetic options are also possible considering reducing excess prepuce and balancing the two sides. Better photos or in person exam is needed to better idea of your options
fat injection won't work
crossover flaps can be done but risks appearance of right labia and there is separation risk for  any flap procedure.
Wait until healing is complete then evaluate.

Mark Scheinberg, MD
Pompano Beach OB/GYN

Options for Labiaplasty Revision

Reconstruction of the left labium minorum will be difficult and has a low probability of ever being an exact match to the right labium.  It is impossible to make an intelligent recommendation without performing an examination, nevertheless, one option would be to perform a reduction on the right labium and minimal reconstruction of the left, in order to make them more similar in size and shape.  If both of your labia looked the same (even if both looked like the left side), would you consider your vulva to appear "ugly" or abnormal?  If the answer is "no," then it should be relatively easy for a skilled surgeon who has experience in cosmetic surgery of the female reproductive tract (i.e., a Cosmetic Gynecologist) to solve your problem.  It's the asymmetry that needs to be corrected, in my opinion.  If, on the other hand, you want both to look like the right side, then that will be a much more difficult problem to solve, even for an expert in labial surgery.  I see that you live in Nyack, NY - you might want to start your search for a qualified physician in Bayonne, NJ - that's not too far from you.  Or you could fly to Seattle.

Left labium too small after left labiaplasty

I reviewed your photos. It appears that most of your left labium minora were removed with a trimming labiaplasty. No attempt to revise your labia should be done until you are at least five months after your past procedure as your appearance will improve, and the swelling will be less. You need to control your anxiety and wait. The reconstruction is more difficult than a primary labiaplasty and should be done by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in labia reconstruction. I published the first and most extensive paper on labia reconstruction in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery" about two years ago. You may need various reconstructive techniques to give you a good appearance, but this won't be known until all the swelling is gone. Hopefully you have enough clitoral hood to reconstruct your labium if your surgeon left enough remaining hood. I invented this procedure about six years ago and have done it about 40 times.  You only get one good chance to reconstruct you, so be patient and ask a lot of questions.

Gary J. Alter, MD