Persistent redness 5 months after FUE transplant into beard area, can a sample identify appropriate treatment?

I had hair transplanted in my goatee just over 5 months ago. I still have obvious redness exactly where follicles were implanted. I'm seeing a derm, she said I had an infection and gave me betamethasone+fusic acid for 15 days, but no change. Then I began Accutane. She says it will reduce the redness, but is this likely? Do I need to see another derm? It's been 1.5 months and still no change in redness. Can a sample be taken to identify an appropriate treatment?

Redness After FUE

If you feel like the Accutane isn't helping, tell your doctor so she can recommend an alternative solution. If you don't tell her that what she prescribed isn't working for you, she won't know to help you find another medicine to help you. 

Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

Redness after hair transplant

A topical steroid did not help your redness.  You should check back with your hair transplant surgeon and let them know you are now on Accutane.  In addition, check back with your dermatologist.  You might want to include a photo with your question.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you are being treated by a doctor it is best to ask these questions to your doctor. If you want a

If you are being treated by a doctor it is best to ask these questions to your doctor.  If you want a second opinion it is best to find another doctor.  You will end up with conflicting and or confusing answers on the Internet because there is no way to tell what is really going on without a face to face examination.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Persistent redness

You should stick with the plan that your derm has. I would caution using accutane within 1 year after transplant as it can cause scarring in the area, there are many documented reports of this. You should also schedule a follow up with the surgeon who did your transplant. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Persistent redness 5 months after FUE

I recommend you follow up with the physician who's care your under with your concerns.  You can also check back with your hair transplant physician.

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon

Redness after a hair transplant

You are seeing your doctor and should follow your doctor's advice. It would be wrong for me to advise you when you are under a doctors care and advice

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon