Is it OK to get a permalip over PMMA? If not, what could happen?

Hello I had gotten a little Pmma injected into my lip 5 years ago. After seeing some before and after pictures I'd like a solid permalip implant in my top lip. Will it be safe to have this implant over my pre existing Pmma? I have read it isn't advised to get permalip over silikon 1000 which is different from Pmma. Am i a candidate for permalip? If not what could happen? Thanks

Permalip implants on top of PMMA filler?

Thank you for asking about your Permalip implants.An exam is needed but usually permanent injections like PMMA make the lip hard  - this will make the tissue difficult to work with and a Permalip implant hard to place. Nor will it look natural in thick or hardened tissue. However you need a plastic surgeon to examine you to advise you if this is the case. Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS