My nose is too big for my face? (photos)

I'm 19, Asian. My big flat nose is too big for my face. I want make it smaller and a bit pointy that suits my face. Does this mean my nose need reshaping?? By reducing nose wing and make nose bridge a bit higher? Please help I need advices.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Nasal contouring is done not only for appearance but also to improve breathing. Rhinoplasty procedure can address your nose width and the bridge. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Asian rhinoplsty for bulbous Asian nose

Your concerns are very commonly voiced by patients looking into Asian rhinoplasty. By increasing the height of the bridge and tip of your nose, it can give you a more refined and narrow appearance from the front while giving you a more attractive profile. Cartilage grafts and suture-techniques can be used to increase the projection and refinement of your nose, making it appear less bulbous.
Alar base modification can then be performed to reduce the width and flare of your nostrils.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Asian nose

The nose appears very wide because of wide nostrils and lack of projection of the nasal dorsum.  To make it more appropriate for the face you will need alar plasty, dorsal graft using cartilage or an implant and osteotomy to bring in the wide nasal bones.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian rhinoplsasty

The issues you present with can be addressed with rhinoplasty.  Most Asians want to maintain their ethnicity but increase the height of their nasal bridge most commonly accomplished with an implant or cartilage grafting.  The tip of the nose is refined by increasing the projection of the nose with cartilage grafts and narrowing the nostrils via alar base reduction.  The key is doing things conservatively and naturally to avoid an unnatural look. 

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian rhinoplasty

Hello. Thanks for the questions. Your nose will need to be reshaped by reducing the nasal flare of your nostrils. You'll also need a rib cartilage graft to refine the bridge of your nose.  See a BCPS for your care. 

DrBurnett#realself100