Lopsided Breasts 21 days post op. (photo)

I had a tt and breast implants, under the muscle on 6/23/16. Before surgery my left breast was a b cup and the right was a c cup. I had Natrelle Insprira left 360cc and right 330 cc I return to the PS in a week. I am wondering if this is normal and if not what would be need to fix it. Unfortunately I don't have any before pictures Thank you!

hello.  Best to discuss with your surgeon and it is still very early postoperative with swelling etc.  time will tell if you need a touch up.  Good luck

West Orange Plastic Surgeon

I would still be patient.  It is still quite early.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with your board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

Return back to your surgeon. Review with them your before and after pictures. Get their take on your progress to this point. Is this asymmetric swelling and things should even out over time or is there something else that needs to be addressed?

Breast asymmetry

Thanks for your question and for the photograph.
My main concern is that your nipples are too low and there may be a question if a mastopexy or breast lift was indicated at he time of your breast augmentation.  I cannot comment based solely on a single photograph and preoperative photos and measurments would be required to make this determination.
That being said, it is common for the breasts to remain high for the first few weeks and for them to settle at different rates. 
Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon and voice all of your concerns.
Best of luck.

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Breast implant asymmetry

It looks like you have a slight difference in height of the implant. It takes time for implants to settle, this will happen. A breast band worn on the superior edge of your right implant may help. see your plastic surgeon for best advise. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after implants

My concern is for the ptosis in both breasts.  Implants alone do not generally correct for asymmetry and, frankly, you need a mastopexy.  I am uncertain why you had implants alone under these circumstances. Best wishes.

Implant not dropping

From your photograph I can see that the right implant has not dropped as well as the left. It appears to me, however, that some type of a lift could been done with a small amount of tissue taken out of the larger breast such that to of the same size implants could be used.Generally speaking, especially early in the post-operative phase of healing, it is not uncommon to have one or both implants appear to be high up by the clavicle. Although the “pocket” may be made correctly, the implant may not have access to the bottom for several reasons. If the overlying muscle or skin is tight, this will move the implant to the path of least resistance which is up and towards the underarm where there is little or no pressure. As the pressure relaxes, the implant will drop down to the bottom. Smooth implants, because their surface is slippery, may move faster downward than a textured implant with its rough surface. Because these variables mentioned above can be different for each side, it's not uncommon that one side will drop faster to the bottom of the pocket than the other. Similarly, sometimes one breast will swell more than the other or be more painful than the other early in the postoperative phase. After the first month or two, usually things will even out. It wouldn't be, in my practice, until four months or so has passed that I would entertain going back to the operating room to “touch up” the location of the breast implant in the pocket. Sometimes specialized bras or straps as well as massage and stretching protocols may be helpful in allowing this process to happen more quickly. Each plastic surgeon will have different thoughts on what the best protocol is for the patient. Your operating plastic surgeon will be your best resource to have this information passed on to you. I recommend that you faithfully follow up and follow the instructions of your chosen plastic surgeon. Congratulations on your surgery, and good luck on an uneventful recovery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS