How long is recovery for a breast implant and lift? Is 8 days enough? How long after surgery is alcohol consumption allowed?

I have asymmetrical tuberous breasts and have found a great surgeon in NY to do the procedure. I would like to know the recovery process and time needed after a breast lift and implant. It will be a lollipop incision and a behind the muscle implant as well as a lift to my left breast. Will 8 days be enough time to recover? If I did the procedure 8 days prior to a trip to Canada would I be able to drink and dance at the event, I will be attending? Or will I have to wait until another time?

Surgery and travel/activity

Eight days is a bit early to go back to full activities and travel for the surgery that you are having. It is always best to review with your surgeon.

Breast augmentation w/ lift

Hello and thank you for your question. 8 days is definitely okay for this procedure.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast Lift Recovery

Yes, 8 days is enough time to have initial recovery, however full recovery last at least a month or two, depending on the person.  I wouldn't count on doing a lot of physical motion with your arms at the wedding.  Best of luck and have fun at the wedding! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implant recovery

Most of my augmentation/lift patients return to work in about 7 days. However, they are still sore and maybe a bit swollen and careful with their breasts. I could not recommend travel, drinking, and dancing that soon as a good idea. I would delay the trip or the surgery and have a few weeks between the two events. Good luck.

Recovery from implant/pexy

I do not feel that eight days is a realistic recovery period in terms of travel, alcohol consumption or enjoying yourself. Enjoy Canada and have the procedure upon your return.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD