Why does it look like I have such a long chin now and what can I do about it? (photo)

I used to have a smaller, much cuter chin. Now it looks so long and big, especially when I smile. If you look at my profile pic from over 20 years ago, you'll see how small my chin is. I didn't gain weight so it's not a double chin. As a matter of fact I think my face is too thin. What can I do to get my chin back?

Chin Shortening

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

What you have developed over the years is chin pad ptosis. The soft tissue of the chin now droops off of the bone, particularly when you smile. This now makes your chin look and actually be longer. This is not a bone problem but a soft tissue one. Either chin pad resuspension or submental chin pad excision is needed.