Liposuction technique for love handles?

1. What is the best liposuction technique for love handles? 2. I am normal weight and I work out, but my love handles are stubborn and don´t respond to any workout I have tried. (I am 47 years old and female). If this area is not a toned one does liposuction make this area lax and loose or does it respond well to liposuction even if this area is not a muscular one? Or with other words: Do I risk "flabbyness" after liposuction or loose tissue?

Liposuction for Love Handles

Liposuction is a very effective treatment for love handles and provides excellent results. The speciifc technique is less important than the skill and experience of the surgeon.  It is best to consult with a surgeon that is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery that has experience in liposuction.

Love Handles

"Love Handles", that collection of fatty tissue over the iliac crest, usually responds well to liposuction. The correction is more predicated on the overlaying skin tone rather than the underlying musculature.

Best Technique for Liposuction of the Love Handles

Thank you for posting your question. Liposuction is very effective at reducing pockets of fat, such as the love handles, which have thick and elastic skin which contracts nicely. It is more important to select an experienced plastic surgeon who can examine you and determine your skin quality and the likelihood that your skin will contract and obtain the results you desire. An experienced plastic surgeon will know which liposuction technique will work best for you. The Laser and the technique do not determine how much fat to remove or leave behind to give you natural and beautiful results that match the rest of your body. I recommend that you have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is very experienced with liposuction. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Liposuction

Thank you for your question. Based on what you wrote, you are an ideal candidate for love handle(flank/hip) liposuction. Diet and exercise definitely help but at times will not allow you to obtain the shape you desire. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for all the risk and benefits of the procedure. All the best.

Liposuction

Thank you for your question.  The post-operative result depends on the elasticity of your skin, which is why you need to be evaluated in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon to get a realistic idea of what you can expect from surgery.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

What's the best liposuction technique to fix love handles?

Love handles are probably the best area to treat with liposuction.  It is usually the hardest area to address with diet and exercise and even people who are physically fit and active have difficulty removing all the excess fat from this region. So this is a very common area and usually responds really well.  Because the hips are wider and below the love handles, the overlying skin usually conforms and shapes well. Each person may be a little different so and in person assessment is important.  I don't think if this is the only area that any specific difficult to make is better than the other.  Smartlipo, laser-assisted liposuction usually helps with tightening the skin a little bit if it is needed. However, if you are on normal weight and are physically fit you probably do not need anything more than traditional lipo to fix your love handles.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction technique for love handles?

Without examining you or seeing photos it is very difficult to advise you on this. Lovehandles in general respond very well to liposuction however the potential for loose skin really depends on how much fat is present and how elastic your skin is. These are things that can only be determined in person. The only way to know for sure is to book a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon near you. Best of luck! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Liposuction technique for love handles?

The lovehandle area tends to respond well to liposuction with regard to skin tone following the procedure.  That being said, everyone's skin responds differently.  I recommend you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and for a more thorough discussion.  Best wishes!

Liposuction Love Handles

Liposuction depends partly on the skin quality of the area being suctioned. The skin in the area should have good elasticity. This means that it should retract following liposuction. If the skin is of poor quality and elasticity it will not retract and may appear looser. The flank area has more resilient skin than other areas and tends to do well. You need to see a surgeon and be examined to know for sure. 

Lipo of waist

Liposuction of the waist is very common.  How the skin will respond depends upon the volume removed and the quality of the skin.  Good results can be obtained with almost any technique. It is more important to find a quality plastic surgeon to perform the procedure.