I am a little over 3 weeks post-op of a closed rhinoplasty with significant tip swelling. When will I see swelling go down?

(Most of it was tip work on a bulbous tip). I realize that the swelling will subside over a period of months and even up to a year or more for final results. I was just wondering when I can expect for the majority of the swelling to go down or when I can start to see some sort of visible decrease in the swelling? Thank you!

Swelling after rhinoplasty

While every patient is different, the majority of your swelling will be resolved after the first 3 months, with small changes occurring up to a year postop.  You mentioned that you were only 3 weeks post-op so you should expect swelling throughout the nose.  Some patients will notice extensive swelling where the skin is thicker.  The tip of the nose is much thicker than the bridge of your nose which means that swelling can persist in this region for for months, and in some cases, up to a year. It is always important to followup consistently with your surgeon so they can monitor the nose for any changes and address any concerns along the way. Best of luck. 

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Greetings
Thank you for your question. You will start to see the swelling go down from 6 weeks the will be a differance in swelling. you will need another few week for the swelling to go down.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Swelling of nose

A bulk of the swelling will come down by a bot 6-8 weeks but like you said stiffness and swelling can persist for a year or more for some.